ShadowXOR

Problems with Dead Island, Guild Wars 2, and Torchlight II.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:37 pm

Note that I have a very new and powerful computer. SSD (recording video/audio to secondary HDD), 8GB RAM, 3GB video card, quad core, etc.

1. So everything was working well for two or three recordings, now Bandicam won't hook correctly to Dead Island that it was previously working fine with. I tried turning the Steam overlay off, running Bandicam as an Administrator, restarting my computer, and more. The only way I can get it to work is by starting Bandicam AFTER the game is opened but then the FPS isn't limited and it just functions strangely, also Dead Island often crashes on Alt+Tab so this isn't a great solution. Help? Note that I'm using Windows 8 x64.

EDIT: Once I open the Steam overlay then close it again, the green numbers appear and I can record. Perhaps there's an issue with Steam overlay (I don't know why it happened even when it was disabled). Any advice? Steam is the biggest digital distributor out there so not having the overlay would suck, Steam is all of my games. I've already tried all of the tips in your help documents including turning on/off "Block DirectX video overlay".

EDIT 2: Having similar problems with Duke Nukem Forever.

EDIT 3: The workaround I found was starting the game, going into windowed mode, then using Bandicam to select the window, then going back to full screen. Is this normal? Is this on a game-by-game basis?

2. Even stranger in Guild Wars 2 I have it set to record in-game then separately record my voice. When I go to edit the video BOTH tracks are my voice and the game wasn't recorded at all! Works fine for every other game.

3. Like I said I've been using Bandicam for two or three days with no issues. Now when I open a game it takes like 30 seconds or so for the FPS indicator to display whereas previously it was there as soon as I started the game.

4. In Torchlight II my frame rate takes a serious dive for the first five seconds of a new zone. WAY more demanding games don't have this issue. Doesn't occur when I'm not recording. Any clue how I can fix this?

Help, Bandicam was working perfect previously and all of a sudden nothing but issues even though I changed no settings! Your program is the best by far and I was about to buy it but I'm worried about these issues!

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Problems with Dead Island, Guild Wars 2, and Torchlight

Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:48 pm

Hello!

1. and 3.
We've improved the FPS hooking function in the next version of Bandicam.
Please try the new version of Bandicam which will be released in 2 weeks.

Do you always have the problem?
Bandicam randomly have a sound recording problem with Guild wars 2.
=> Start Bandicam, go to General tab, and change the Output folder to your Document folder.
It can minimize the sound recording problem.

Do you use the SLI? If you do, please turn off the SLI and try it again.
We've optimized the Bandicam hooking system.
Please try the new version of Bandicam which will be released in 2 weeks.

ShadowXOR

Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:25 am

Looking forward to trying the latest update, thanks for your response. I do not use SLI.

My only concern is there any way to tell if the audio isn't recording properly? I would hate to do a long video then find out the entire thing has to be junked.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:38 pm

My only concern is there any way to tell if the audio isn't recording properly? I would hate to do a long video then find out the entire thing has to be junked.
As far as we know, only the first recording after starting Guild Wars2 that has the sound recording problem.
Please click the record button (F12) 3~4 times to give up the first video, and then start the recording.

We know how to fix this problem, but it may take several months.
(We have to change some structures in the source code)

ShadowXOR

Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:06 pm

Awesome, you guys are fantastic.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”