PaiSand

Bandicam Feature Request - Sound volume

Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:21 am

Hi!

I have a little problem with my crappy headset. The sound of the mic is a little low and if I use any artificial way to increase it the result is a disaster. So I was asking myself, is there a way to solve this issue?

I didn't find any external program to do this, like you could find on a Linux distro, so the feature request:

Add volume sliders to primary and secondary sound so you can mix them as you please, and should be independent from the windows volume, sort of bandicam internal mixer. This way you can change the volume levels within the program itself and this way centralize all operation in one place.

The slider 100% (default state) will be the max volume you set on windows (input sound), so it basically should do a negative gain of the input sound.

That's all. Thanks for so awesome program.

PaiSand

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Bandicam Feature Request - Sound volume

Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:40 pm

Hello PaiSand!

It may take some time to integrate the function you requested.
We will consider it in the future.

Thank you for suggesting

PaiSand

Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:37 am

Hello,

I come back on this topic after 2 years. This is a must have feature, specially with games having so different sound volumes. This way I can manage everything within the program on a easy format.

You can use this feature to further extend it with a gate/expander/compressor/gain add-on (sold separately or bundle, with discount to actual licenses). With this feature we could tell bandicam to always record the game volume and mic to a predetermined level, so if the volume of a game is higher or lower than others you don't need to change anything because it will always expand/compress the volume to a maximum level for each source (considering also max and low peak levels, that's why the gates need).

Anyway, right now I need the volume level sliders to control the volume inside Bandicam. Hope you can make this happen any time soon.

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:47 am

Hello PaiSand,

If I may pop in, can I offer some suggestions (tips?) on other things that might assist for now..?

Depending on your headset/microphone/etc, you may have some software that you can install into your Operating System, that may help with your microphone settings/volumes, as well.

For instance, on my current mainboard, I have some software licensed from Dolby Labs (Dolby Digital Theater) that offers its' own volume level controls, separate from the Windows volume levels [it also has some great settings, such as the ability to amplify the 'human voice range']. I also have had a couple of headsets in the past that have offered their own software controls of microphone amplification, background noise filtering (for the mic) and their own volume controls.

I only mention these things because - have you tried installing the software that came with your headset, or your motherboard? It may have volume controls (or amplification/filtering) that may help with this...

I hope something works out for you!

PaiSand

Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:59 am

I don't want external programs. I don't use expensive hardware or software. I like things simple and functional, like Bandicam.

I want to set a volume for the audio and another for the mic within Bandicam. At start making it only simple sliders to set the volume manually.
Making this automatic so every source have the same volume compared to the mic is far more complex and it could take years to make it work right because it involves adding or subtracting max/min volumes without altering quiet moments. Yes, complex.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”