gmls22

[Suggestion] Flashback feature

Wed May 08, 2013 6:37 am

Hi bandicam,
I really enjoy using bandicam and some of its unique perks (like lower cpu footprint), however it is missing one cool feature that is available in other video recorders like fraps and xfire. It may be called different things in other video encoders, such as Record loop, loop buffer, or flashback.

basically, flashback will save a certain amount of frames (e.g. 15-30 seconds worth) in the ram, when you start recording it will write what is in the ram, and continue recording the live gameplay.
Basically it will allow you to start recording after something "cool" happened, and still have the "cool" thing in the video.

Please consider implementing this in a future revision, it is quite useful! :D

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: [Suggestion] Flashback feature

Wed May 08, 2013 3:59 pm

Hi,

We will consider it in the future.

Thank you for letting us know.

b1tstreamalpha

Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:58 pm

I'll second that request.

That feature makes a big difference when you are hoping to just capture memorable moments in your game. It's no fun sorting through tens of hours of video later to find the single one-minute shot you wanted (if you were lucky enough to have been recording before it happened).

It shouldn't be a hard feature to add, either... programs that do it just record continuously into a buffer, and only save that buffer if you press the record button.

In my opinion, this is the one major feature that Bandicam is missing. Hope to see it added :)

Resems

Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:21 pm

upvote this feature
it would be very nice to have it like Shadowplay or any another recording software.

i would buy bandicam only for this feature :)
ps: i`m a big fan of bandicam.

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:40 pm

I just wanted to say that I also support the implementation of this feature! :mrgreen:

An additional idea for this concept: you could have the record buffer utilize RAM, then it should have far less impact on performance and would only dump/write it to the hard drive after the user chooses to Save the last portion/buffer/etc.

Good luck with it, Bandi :!: /cheer

astrix_au

Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:22 am

Yes please this would make Bandicam the ultimate gaming recording application! It's the best in every part just missing this feature! MSI Afterburner do it to RAM as a option that I would recommend. Raptr has their replay feature and NVidia Shadow play has this. It's pretty important for gamers :)

n1xon

Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:31 am

Hi,

We will consider it in the future.

Thank you for letting us know.
is it the future yet?

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:43 am

Hello,

We will post an update announcement on the forum when the function is added.

Thank you.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”