TheGuy

Videos lag sometimes but run smooth others? help?

Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:20 am

So I tried to make a few videos today. The first one came out great, nice and smooth with no lag. The second and third were horrid. It looked as if I was getting three frames a second. I restarted bandicam and made a fourth video which came out fine. I've tried to make three more since then with no luck, they all lagged like crazy. In three hours I managed to create two videos. It doesn't make a bit of sense at all, it works fine once then it doesn't work at all when I haven't touched the settings at all.

So...why are my videos lagging for no reason? I'm using the "for edit" preset configuration. I'm EXTREMELY disappointed. I had no idea I would have to wait until bandicam felt like working properly before I could make a video. Adding in the other problems and annoyances, I'm beginning to regret buying this thing.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Videos lag sometimes but run smooth others? help?

Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:13 pm

Hello,

This is Zun from Bandicam.

When you use "For edit (MJPEG+PCM)" preset, the recorded file is quite big and use more CPU usage than default configuration.

* Bandicam settings for editing software
1. Windows Live Movie Maker: Use "MPEG-1" video codec and "MPEG-1 L2" audio codec.
2. Sony Vegas: Use "MPEG-1" video codec and "PCM" audio codec.
3. Adobe Premiere: Use "MJPEG" video codec and "PCM" audio codec.

* To minimize the lag, reduce "Video size, FPS, Video Quality"
See https://www.bandicam.com/faqs/how_to_re ... recording/

I hope you can solve the problem.

Best Regards,
Zun

TheGuy

Re: Videos lag sometimes but run smooth others? help?

Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:15 am

"It has less lag than other capture programs (Bandicam uses much lower CPU/GPU usage)."

So much for that. xD

Just today I was making a TF2 video. When I watched it the video was going fine up until the round ended, then once the new round started the video lagged like crazy. it's happening at random times.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”