Decicus

Re: H.264 (Nvidia Cuda) + Sony Vegas

Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:52 am

Nope. I have no clue. I get access to the new version a week before it's officially out (because I have to translate strings in the software). If I remember to, I'll let you know through these forums that it's getting released "soon".

Lionheartx10

Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:44 am

Ok, but thank you very much! That would be great! :)

Hevlex

Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:53 am

I also run a 660ti power edition OC, and would also be very interested to be able to record with Nvidia Cuda in H264 and be able to edit it afterwards. Best output form by far. (the x264 plugin is ok, but i can see a notice-able loss in it compared to Nvidia Cuda). I edit with After Effects, but think if they add a keyframe with it, it will also work for AE.

Greetings,
Hevlex

Decicus

Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:32 am

I'm not sure, but it probably will.

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:14 am

Is this fixed yet for importing the H.264 Nvidia Cuda recordings from bandicam to Sony Vegas? I have Vegas 12 64bit and cant get the recordings with this codec to import. I'd love for it to work as its such a great codec with pretty much 0 fps loss while recording. Anyone have an update?
That's odd.. I haven't run into this problem, I just started recording with NVIDIA's CUDA and it opened in Sony's Vegas straight away.. Well, there are a few things you could try, such as:

- Install both the 32bit and 64bit versions of the x264 codec (what NVIDIA's CUDA recording format is) of whatever GUI your prefer (the Official (RedLogo http://www.divx-digest.com/software/x264.html ) or the Unofficial (Komisar's http://komisar.gin.by/ ) interface

- Check what audio format you are recording in (try Uncompressed PCM)

- Reinstall Vegas so that it installs it's filters 'last' in Windows

- Use Achmetha's idea in an earlier post about Transcoding (changing it into a different format). A high bitrate/qualitysetting MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 will work fine (you can use any program really), but if you have the drive space, Uncompressed is always the highest quality format to use for cross-format transcoding.

Come back if none of that works. Good luck with it!

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:18 pm

Hi GameTipsAndMore,

We have released a new version (1.9.0) which supports Nvidia CUDA H.264 encoder and Intel Quick Sync Video H.264 Encoder.
If you choose "H.264 (Nvidia CUDA)" as shown below, you can use the CUDA encoder.

However, the recorded video through this codec doesn't work in Sony Vegas.
(The recorded video can be edited with Pinnacle Studio.)

We have no idea how you can edit the recorded video with Sony Vegas...

Lionheartx10

Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:21 pm

You said previously that you needed to add a keyframe in order for it to work with Sony Vegas is this no longer the case? As I was really hoping to be able to use Bandicam's Nvidia Cuda 264 codec with vegas soon :(

here is a quote from you about the keyframe:
Hi LazehPanda,

Sony Vegas requires a keyframe.
We will consider adding the keyframe in the next version of Bandicam.

Thank you for letting us know.

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:00 pm

Hi GameTipsAndMore,

We have released a new version (1.9.0) which supports Nvidia CUDA H.264 encoder and Intel Quick Sync Video H.264 Encoder.
If you choose "H.264 (Nvidia CUDA)" as shown below, you can use the CUDA encoder.

However, the recorded video through this codec doesn't work in Sony Vegas.
(The recorded video can be edited with Pinnacle Studio.)

That is indeed interesting, as I have been able to edit NVIDIA's CUDA recordings with Bandicam in Sony Vegas without problem since I installed 1.9.0...

The only other major video editing program I have installed is Nero's Suite (version 11) which comes with it's own video editor, sound editor and Nero codecs - I do not know if those filters/codecs are being called upon within Vegas.
I also have VLC (VLC Media Player) installed, but I do not think that it's filters are called by Vegas...
I have Xvid4PSP and Avidemux installed as video converting programs, but again I do not think their filters/codecs are called/used by Vegas..

This is what Sony Vegas shows when I click on a Bandicam CUDA recorded video:
Bandicam CUDA ident in Sony Vegas.PNG
Bandicam's CUDA recording identified in Sony Vegas
Bandicam CUDA ident in Sony Vegas.PNG (11.95 KiB) Viewed 32737 times
It correctly identifies it as H.264/AVC and can edit it without trouble. I love Bandicam it works even when we don't know how :lol:

Some information of what I have installed on my system that may be pertinent:
- Sony Vegas Video (Movie Studio) HD 11 Platinum Edition (Latest Version)
- x264 codec (using Komisar's Unoffical Interface) both 32-bit and 64-bit versions
- GTX 560 Ti using 320.49 (non-beta) video driver (GeForce Experience installed)
- All Windows7 64-bit updates
- Bandicam 1.9.0.397 (Registered Version)
- Recorded with NVIDIA CUDA (VBR) sometimes GPU only sometimes GPU+CPU depending on the game being recorded

Perhaps some of that information may help in testing. I am glad that I am able to edit the videos without problem, but it seems many others cannot, just as you state. I am getting questions on my YouTube Channel about how to get it to work and I can only tell them what I have installed, as I do not know exactly why it is working perfectly for me... Let me know if I can send any more information to you that may help.

Edit:
I did some testing and digging at the file, and it seems that it is a Level3.1(Baseline) AVC file, beginning with a Keyframe and contains a Keyframe every 5 seconds (the NVIDIA CUDA file created by Bandicam).
Editing it in Sony Vegas, it does not leave any trails/corruption when viewing.
I also saw I have Media Player Classic and WinFF installed, both of which come with their own filter (FFMPEG) but I uninstalled them, rebooted and was still able to open Bandicam's NVIDIA CUDA video files without problems. Unless one of these utilities are leaving behind their filters/codecs for Windows, I am not sure why only I can do this and others cannot.. :geek:

Edit 2:
In another test, I transferred an NVIDIA CUDA video created by Bandicam over to a system that never had those other programs/editors/applications installed (so there are no codecs possibly sitting in Windows). It does not even have an NVIDIA videocard. It only has the 32-bit x264 codec (official interface) and Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD 11 (not Platinum) installed. It was able to open the Bandicam CUDA video and edit it without problem, so I am still not sure how I can do this and others cannot..

Decicus

Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:06 pm

You said previously that you needed to add a keyframe in order for it to work with Sony Vegas is this no longer the case? As I was really hoping to be able to use Bandicam's Nvidia Cuda 264 codec with vegas soon :(
They meant that they didn't understand how GameTipsAndMore was able to edit.

I'm also wondering what's so different with you, GameTips, because my system is pretty much the same. All latest Windows 7 updates, with the 320.49 driver. Yet I can't edit the video without converting first.

Lionheartx10

Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:18 pm

They meant that they didn't understand how GameTipsAndMore was able to edit.
Ah right Phew I was worried then that they weren't going to make it possible to edit wit Vegas in the future, my bad. Really hope there's an update soon.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”