rubyeye

Microphone Recommendations

Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:57 am

I've toyed around with capturing gameplay footage and optimizing the right settings for my workflow using Bandicam, but now I want to take that next step and learn how to do audio/commentary recording. For you veterans and experts out there, I'd like to ask what kind of microphone I should look to purchase. I don't need "studio" level equipment, but I don't want something cheap that will sound crappy either.

So, I'm curious to know what most everyone else uses and what you all recommend. Much appreciated.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Microphone Recommendations

Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:33 pm

Hi,

We tried Blue Yeti Pro Microphone, the quality was nice, but the price was quite expensive.
You would better google it to find the best answer.

Lemonater47

Re: Microphone Recommendations

Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:42 pm

There are different kinds of microphones. Most common ones you will see around are dynamic microphones and condenser microphones.

Condenser microphones are bought by many people. Because they have better quality. Problem is almost all condenser microphones are made to work in a recording studio. So they here all of this lovely news about bow good they are and then it them. They later find out that their audio quality is very bad or has tons of background noise. You can get directional condenser microphones though but they are even more expensive. You also need a good stand and a pop filter which usually aren't included with condenser mics.

The blue yeti is a form on condenser microphone that's been made to work in a room with a computer. Hence the price. There aren't many like it.

A dynamic microphone is perfect for commentaries. Very robust and are the kind used in on stage performances. They are built exactly like a speaker just backwards. Anyway this is the kind you want.

Though many headset microphones are good enough for commentaries.

Google desktop USB dynamic microphone. Make sure it isn't XLR. It needs to be USB. I've never seen a computer with XLR ports.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”