Lcd

How to transcode bandicam video

Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:00 am

hi, i just downloaded bandicam trial and used it to record a test video... everything went ok, video is really good, i just wanted to transcode it with x264 to upload it to youtube to show to some friends (my upload isnt really that good to upload 285 mb of the video).

i tried with handbrake, megui, and i cant get it to work (megui crashes and handbrake does nothing) (?). i tried with the same settings with a fraps recorded video and all went normal... so i think it has something to do with the bandicam codec. am i missing something here or i have to record the files again? thanks

SimRacerAU

Re: How to transcode bandicam video

Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:21 am

If you used default Bandicam settings, then you could upload that straight to youtube, no need for any transcoding.

If you are having troubles with editing or transcoding captures by Bandicam, change Bandicams setting to Motion JPEG and PCM Audio.

This link might help you too https://www.bandicam.com/support/tips/video-editing/

Lcd

Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:35 pm

thanks for reply, i had allready done that after i made the topic. it worked almost fine, but using jpeg is not the best option i think?? isnt the quality worst than mpeg? thanks

btw i cant upload the file as it is, it will take AGES :) heres my first result with jpeg though, transcoded with handbrake (x264) on a 70mb file, then uploaded to youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2AhEfMbOJo

Jabberwock

Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:18 am

I use XviD4PSP 6.0, I think it's better at reducing the video size.

Motion JPEG is fine but makes big files.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:32 pm

Hello,

Please try the "YouTube (720p) preset.
youtube-preset.png
youtube-preset.png (32.32 KiB) Viewed 13521 times
Thank you for using Bandicam

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”