witcher3

How to slow down 120fps gameplay footage ??

Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:27 pm

So i recently switched to Bandicam for recording my FIFA 14 sessions
I can tell this investment has been amazing as the footage comes out extremely smooth and the game doesn't lag while playing at all :)

So what i do is my FIFA isn't capped to any fps, and to produce smooth videos i had to use 120 fps recording from Bandicam
But the size is too large and it cannot be uploaded to YouTube
I tried using Cyberlink Powerdirector at a friend's place to convert it but the video was all messed up, the audio is badly timed
Is there any way that i can convert the 120 fps video into a relatively smooth (i know it'll have some lag) 30 fps video so that the gameplay doesn't slow down and still appear as it does when actually played ??

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: How to slow down 120fps gameplay footage ??

Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:16 pm

Hello!

You may try "H.264" encoder of INTEL/NVIDIA/AMD.
http://www.bandicam.com/support/tips/ha ... eleration/

You may reduce the video size or video quality or try the 'YouTube 720p' preset of Bandicam.
http://www.bandicam.com/faqs/how_to_red ... recording/

Dfactor

Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:09 pm

You can use VirtualDub to change the framerate.

Use it along with X264 encoder in "Compression..." to achieve the quality and size you're looking for.
Note that YT encourages users to upload videos with original framerate.

Lemonater47

Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:56 am

YouTube is capped to 30 FPS anyway. It doesn't mean you any upload a video with a higher frame rate all it means is that it will process the video so its only 30FPS when its uploaded.

So unless you want some slow motion scenes while playing I wouldn't record at 120FPS. I would set bandicam to record only at 30FPS. That's what I do. Or render the video out in video editing software to 30 FPS that would work too.

The program handbrake will reduce the file size easily. Though since bandicam compresses it while recording the best you'll get would be around quarter of the size.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”