sixthchild

Using Skype or other voice call sound issues

Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:29 am

Hello,

I have been attempting to record videos using voice calls with Bandicam. I can get it recording both my microphone and the game just fine, but the voice of my friend through either Skype or Steam voice chat sounds fuzzy, almost like it has a robot effect over the voice and you can't hear him very well. As I have mentioned I have tried a few options for the call so I don't think it is a specific program issue, and other sounds not coming from my mic (the game itself and system sounds) are fine. Does anyone know of an issue that might be causing the sound of the other caller's voice to be distorted for some reason?

sixthchild

Re: Using Skype or other voice call sound issues

Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:28 am

I went back and looked through some videos I took and it looks like this isn't restricted to voice, just to recording both Windows 7 sound and the microphone. I uploaded a short video to YouTube (unlisted) to show what it sounds like, it was supposed to only be 30 seconds long but I failed at editing it so everything past 30 seconds is just blank.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdqRf8KVDCM

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:56 am

Hello,

1. Reduce the microphone volume, and uncheck "Listen to this device" in microphone setting to remove the fuzzy sound.

2. If you want to edit the recorded streaming video in Adobe Premiere Editor (or Sony Vegas), you should change codec.

sixthchild

Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:36 am

The mic was actually muted for this video, which confused me, because it seemed like just having the setting for two sound sources turned on was causing the issue. I will double-check to make sure the "listen" option is turned off however.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:45 pm

either Skype or Steam voice chat sounds fuzzy, almost like it has a robot effect over the voice and you can't hear him very well
If you can hear the robot effect, there are 2 solutions.

1. Reduce the microphone volume (100% -> 70%), and uncheck "Listen to this device" in microphone (I mentioned above)

2. Use "Headset" instead of using "Speakers and Microphone"
If you use "Speakers and Microphone", the speakers' output sounds will be added in your microphone

If you set like below, you can record "game sound, your voice and your friend's voice" at the same time.
game-skype-you-friend-recording.png
game-skype-you-friend-recording.png (28.03 KiB) Viewed 11851 times

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”