NMetallic123

Bandicam not recording Win7 Sounds even though it is set

Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:50 am

as a sound driver. I'm not sure what the problem is with this. It was working a few days ago. Now it is not. Can somebody help me with this?

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Bandicam not recording Win7 Sounds even though it is set

Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:42 pm

Hello!

Did you set Speakers as your default device?

For more information, visit http://www.bandicam.com/faqs/no_sound_r ... /#windows7

NMetallic123

Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:02 am

I tried that. Did not work. Any other suggestions?

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:06 pm

1. Re-install your sound card driver.

2. Choose "Primary Sound Capture Driver" and try it again.

3. Try "Stereo Mix"

For more information, visit http://www.bandicam.com/faqs/no_sound_r ... /#windows7

We're sorry that we don't have other solutions.

xellon

Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:25 pm

You can try getting realtek drivers if it helps. Make sure you remove all other sound devices, software.

NMetallic123

Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:32 am

I want to record computer sounds through my headset. It is not working. I have it set to Windows 7 sounds and the headset is a default device when plugged in

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:55 pm

I think I had this same interesting problem when I purchased a set of Creative Labs Sound Blaster Tactic 3D headphones. They came with their own USB dongle that acted as a sound adapter ('sound card'), routing all sounds through it in Windows as a sound device. It sounded great - the setup was THX-certified when the headphones were used together with the special USB connector, as it added enhanced audio features and effects.

The problem I had with it was the same as yours it seems... Once I plugged in the headphones, Windows made the headphones my Default sound device for output and I could no longer record the sound output in Bandicam (or Fraps or Dxtory or MSI Afterburner, nothing). I could change the output device, but that would just make the sound come out of other things and not the headphones, and in the end I could not record from the headphone output no matter what combination I tried. I assumed there was some incompatibility between how sound adapters are handled, whether it was a problem with Windows, or game recording applications, or the software that came with the headphones - and I simply ignored it for the time being, content to plug the headphones in directly to the sound card and record the Stereo Mix output for all Bandicam recordings. I am missing out on all the special bells-n-whistles of the headphones, but it works fine and I have used it that way since.

This is an odd problem and may not be Bandicam's issue; but if it is figured out, it would be great to be able to record from these headphone-soundadapter-combination devices, I suspect there are more of them out there than previously thought. I wish you luck with it and will be watching this thread - it would be great to get it working...

Short Version / TLDR:
Headphones that came with a USB sound adapter cannot be recorded through in Bandicam for me as well

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”