Martin Gander

I can't match your Youtube sample in quality, why?

Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:40 am

I have my WoW's resolution on 1920x1080p and i record using Bandicam's 720p Youtube preset option, and i can't match your Youtube 720p sample, i have no idea why! I have also recorded with WoW on windowed 1280x720p and 1280x720p non windowed.

Am i doing something wrong? Under the video tab and then settings they are :

Size: Fix height 0x720
FPS: 30
Codec: MPEG-1 Vbr is ticked
Bitrate: 4000
Quality: 80

Is that right?

I prefer this over Fraps because of the smaller video sizes and less intensive on Pc aspect aswell, and everytime i compare my footage to your sample yours seems to look so much better! So much clearer and sharper, it looks better in everyway!

Please i need this to be sorted.

So I use the above settings, WoW is in Fullscreen 1920x180p, my monitor is 1920x1080p, and i have put footage into windows live movie maker and uploaded it using the Youtube preset of 720p, I've saved another sample in windows movie maker in 720p then gone to Youtube and uploaded from there, I've also recorded something, gone straight to Youtube and uploaded, and nothing seems to match your sample :(

I don't think I'm being over critical of the footage i take, so i think I'm doing something wrong or something is going wrong, i don't know.

So am i doing something wrong? also, you may have noticed I'm a video making novice :) so i really need some help!

Thanks

-Martin.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: I can't match your Youtube sample in quality, why?

Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:51 pm

Hello,

When you use the Windows Movie Maker, the video will be converted by the Windows Movie Maker
When you directly upload the video to YouTube, the video also will be converted by YouTube

When you use Bandicam's 720p Youtube preset, you can get 720p video.
Does your 720p video has a problem? or the uploaded YouTube video has a problem?

What kind problems do you have? Could you tell me your video link?
If you mind sharing the URL in this forum, you can send it at bandicam@bandisoft.com

Information)
1. WoW's resolution: 1920x1080p + Bandicam: 720p YouTube preset
=> You will have 720p video.
=> When you upload onto YouTube, the video will be converted by YouTube.

2. WoW's resolution: 1280x720p + Bandicam: 720p YouTube preset
=> You will have 720p video.

3. WoW's resolution: 1920x1080p + Bandicam: Full screen
=> You will have 1920x1080p video.

4. WoW's resolution: 1280x720p + Bandicam: Full screen
=> You will have 1280x720p video.

Martin Gander

Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:05 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0kbLcXKTTI

That is a link to a video i uploaded, it was using the Youtube 720p preset, then put into Windows movie maker and uploaded to Youtube using movie makers Youtube 720p preset. Also, believe me or not, but that is not me speaking, i was in Skype with a friend -.-

Now compare that to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hBFYdqU ... r_embedded

That link is your 720p WoW sample, you can clearly see that yours looks better, why?

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:49 pm

Thank you for the link

I think your video's quality problem is "Windows Movie Maker"
If you use Windows Movie Maker, the quality loss is inevitable.

Please use the YouTube 720p preset, and then go to YouTube.com, and upload the recorded video.
(Do not use "Windows Movie Maker")

----------

Why don't you make 1080p video?
- WoW's resolution: 1920x1080p and Bandicam's video size: 0*1080
- WoW's resolution: 1920x1080p and Bandicam's video size: full size

Martin Gander

Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:10 am

Seeming movie maker is the only editing software i have at the moment, do you think i can still edit in movie maker,save it and then go to youtube and upload it then?

Because i seen in movie maker you can save it in 1080p or make a 720p custom settings, you can also edit the bitrate i think.

So do you think i can record in 1080p, put it into movie maker, edit it and save it in 1080p and put up the bit rate if possible, and then go to youtube and upload it from their. Will that work and give me good results?

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:38 am

Hello,

Sorry, we are not a professional YouTube movie maker.

1. You can upload the recorded video onto YouTube directly.
=> It's the easiest way to get a high quality video.

2. Some professional Bandicam users use Sony Vegas to edit their video.
=> To edit the video with Sony Vegas, you should use 'Motion JPEG (MJPEG) video codec' and 'PCM audio codec'.
=> See http://www.bandicam.com/faqs/how_to_edi ... ing_video/

3. I think If you make 1080p video, you can get a better quality video.

Wish88

Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:55 am

I use Sony Vegas and Adobe After Effects.

Here is one of my videos recorded with Bandicam. In this video me and a friend are testing damages.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtNsFGosuyo

Also one I put in the topic but its N64 graphics so it can only be so good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1I6WjgbER8

If you would like my help on how I edit and render my videos I would be happy to help you.

j00h

Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:20 pm

I have a question, before importing into Windows Movie Maker, does the video look okay? Bandisoft is right about this, Windows Movie Maker will convert your video down, and YouTube will do its own conversion, further causing quality loss. The YouTube preset that is included in Bandicam isn't meant for editing and more of a means to quickly record and upload. You can transcode the video into something more editable, say H.264, but there will always be a loss of quality whenever you do something like that. It just gets lost in the process.

I would suggest testing out different codecs. Just take note that video for editing will always have huge filesizes.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”