IneedHelp

Game Lags Regardless of Settings

Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:08 am

Hello,

I have a system with a Core i7 920 CPU, nVidia GTX 295 GPU, 12GB RAM and multiples SSDs so I'd say it's good enough to handle screen recording. The issue is that regardless of what settings I select for capturing, Bandicam lags the game as soon as capturing starts.

For testing this I have selected an area in-game walking along a line. I keep my eyes on the line wile moving and it is smooth, but when I press the recording hotkey I can clearly notice the the frames stuttering and again the movement is smooth once I stop capturing, so on and so forth. I also monitored the CPU all the time and it doesn't go above 50% when capturing and in-game. I even tried setting high priority for the game then for bandicam then for both, still, no results.

Basically the framerate is dropping from 60 to 35-40 just by recording, without even moving in-game.

My question is: does this happen to everyone, is it meant to be that way, or one can actually play the game as if recording didn't occur even while recording?

BertytheSnowman

Re: Game Lags Regardless of Settings

Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:08 am

Dropping from 60 to 40 is perfectly normal for when you record. That's pretty much standard amount of FPS to drop actually. Only solution is to beef up your system. Recording cause FPS drop, always has always will.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Game Lags Regardless of Settings

Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:16 am

Hello,

1. Reduce your recording target resolution

2. You can try another solution like below
https://www.bandicam.com/faqs/how_to_re ... recording/

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”