Danjb

Problem with multiple audio streams

Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:43 pm

Hi,

I am trying to record a video with 2 audio streams, one from the PC and one from the mic. I've done this, and the result is 3 files, something like this:

recording.avi
recording.1.wav
recording.2.wav

All of the files appear to be correct, and when I play the video in Windows Media Player, I can hear both audio streams. But when I play the video in another player, open it in my video editing software, or upload it to YouTube, I can only hear the game audio and NOT the audio from my mic.

Does anyone know why this is happening, and how I can fix it?

Thanks,

Danjb

Dfactor

Re: Problem with multiple audio streams

Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:45 pm

Well, for editing software you'd have to import all 3 of the files and set them on the timeline, so the video1, audio1, audio2 play together. Then you can re-encode that into 1 file and have a video ready for YT.
If your software doesn't allow that then you can use Audacity to merge audio1 and audio2 together.

Danjb

Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:29 pm

But I thought both audio streams were already in the video, as well as having their own wav file?
Like I said, when I play the video in WMP I hear both audio streams.
I can merge them with my video editing program, but I'd rather not have to do that for every video I record.

Danjb

Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:46 pm

I think the problem is that YouTube does not like videos with multiple audio tracks, and will just pick the first one. I'll fix these videos with my video editing software, and in future I'll just use one track. It looks like Bandicam supports that with "Two Sound Mixing", although it would be nice if it had the option to create 2 wav files while still merging the tracks together in the video file itself.

Consider this a feature request :)

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:53 am

Hello!
It looks like Bandicam supports that with "Two Sound Mixing", although it would be nice if it had the option to create 2 wav files while still merging the tracks together in the video file itself.
We understand what you want. But, we may not add this feature because we want to make it simple/easier.

Old_Gaming_Geezer

Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:31 pm

Hi Guys, I have been trolling through these forums looking for an definitive answer to one of my questions and I think this is it. But can I clarify?

I am aware that Bandicam can record from to seperate audio sources at once, but what is not clear to me (and I cannot test it right now , I'm at work) but does it save these 2 audio sources as seperate wav files from the video that can be mixed in my video editor (premiere) later?

Dfactor

Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:56 pm

but does it save these 2 audio sources as seperate wav files from the video that can be mixed in my video editor (premiere) later?
If you select .WAV saving and disable mixing then you'll end up with:
-Video 1, Audio 1, Audio 2 in 1 container.
-Audio 1 in separate.
-Audio 2 in separate.

In worst case scenario you can strip the video file through VirtualDub's "Direct Stream Copy" and make it video only.

Old_Gaming_Geezer

Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:35 pm

Thanks Defactor, this is exactly the information I was looking for.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”