Zuzu_Typ

Bandicam Feature Request

Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:27 pm

Hello again Bandisoft Team
Because of the topic: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2824
I thought it would be a good Idea to add a function to BDcam where it saves the recording in parts now and then (like every 10 minutes or every 2GB)
So that the recording is save, even if the system crashes.
When you finish recording it should create a full file of the parts and then delete the parts.
If the system crashes, there could be a function in Bandifix, that can create a file of the parts that still work.
What do you think?
Good luck with it.
--Zuzu_Typ--

Zuzu_Typ

Re: Bandicam Feature Request

Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:30 pm

Btw. the function should be user defined.
--Zuzu_Typ--

Nyvoren

Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:15 am

You can already emulate that feature by using Auto Complete Recording and just have it start a new file after x amount of minutes or file size, btw. You'd just have to use a program to combine them when finished.

Here is an idea for future versions : I will quote Jim ( obs dev )
"MP4 files aren't recoverable if something happens -- you need to use FLV instead for that, as that file format supports sudden breaks. MP4 however does not. "

Even though flv is an older container, it would be useful in situations where you want the reliability over a more convenient format.

Zuzu_Typ

Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:35 pm

Yes you could do that but you would have to cut those parts together on your own and there are parts between the parts which are not being recorded.

clemenzina

Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:18 pm

I use stop/restart with different screen-capture software and find only a very few seconds missing. The only problem I get is very occasional runtime errors, when the program seems to trip over itself during the process.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”