clemenzina

No timeline for Bandicam?

Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:51 pm

I record live wildlife webcams for long periods and am using a different screen-capture program which allows me to add current date/time (and any copyright info, as appropriate), for example:

Even if text was not possible, the timeline would be invaluable because it helps massively when cutting and joining clips from these long recordings, as well as verifying the date and time of whatever action/s I'm showing.

I would like to use Bandicam because I like its recording quality, both vision and sound, but I do need the timeline at least.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: No timeline for Bandicam?

Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:00 pm

Hello clemenzina!

We will consider it when we upgrade the FPS display methods.

Thank you for the information.

clemenzina

Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:09 pm

Thank you for responding.

I've done a work-around with a separate 'clock' superimposed on the screen, so that Bandicam includes it in the screen-capture area. Am rather pleased with myself ;-)

Having worked that out, I've bought a Bandicam licence and look forward to developments.

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:39 pm

Thank you for responding.

I've done a work-around with a separate 'clock' superimposed on the screen, so that Bandicam includes it in the screen-capture area. Am rather pleased with myself ;-)

Having worked that out, I've bought a Bandicam licence and look forward to developments.
Did you mean a TimeCode? That's a great idea, I have been doing some TimeLapse stuff for a bit as well and it would be helpful at times [no pun intended], but I didn't mind it wasn't there - it's also great that you figured out that way to do it! 8-)

Zuzu_Typ

Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:38 pm

Yeah... creating a timeline itself shouldn't be a problem, when you are an advanced or even lower than advanced programer.
I could make a timeline with something like 10-20 lines of code, which is very easy. I'd use Python for that,
but in Java or C# it'd take much longer I think.
If you want, I could make you a timer (if you're not confident with yours).

clemenzina

Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:44 pm

Excerpts from Zuzu's post above:
Yeah... creating a timeline itself shouldn't be a problem, when you are an advanced or even lower than advanced programer...

I could make a timeline with something like 10-20 lines of code, which is very easy...

If you want, I could make you a timer (if you're not confident with yours).
That would be lovely, Zuzu, with so many lines available, especially if both time and text can be entered. I can only 'program' my PVR ;-)

Zuzu_Typ

Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:11 pm

I'd really love to do that for you, but for that I need to know what the timeline is supposed to show and what you want to be able to change manually.
For example:
the timeline shows ("(C) MONTGOMERYSHIRE WILDLIFE TRUST ~ "+current_year+current_month+current_day+" ~ BST ~ "+current_hour+current_minute+_current_second) or something like that.
you can change manually: time, date, text and whatever you want to change.
Also, what font do you want me to use, and at which scale?

clemenzina

Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:15 pm

Sorry I'm late replying, Zuzu.

The font size needs to be variable according to the size of the capture area. Also, style and colour, to "match" the subject.

I think it's too big a task, but thank you for giving your time to it :)

Zuzu_Typ

Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:48 am

Sorry, that it takes so long, I'm 80% completed.
I have 1 question left:
Do you have Python [version 2] (programming language) installed?
If not, I will try to create an executable (.exe).

clemenzina

Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:04 pm

No, I don't have Python - I have never learnt programming of any kind.

Zuzu :o I am amazed that you are proceeding with this task on my behalf - please don't hesitate to give up if it becomes too onerous. However, there may be many more 'Bandicammers' who would be grateful for it, maybe you will be able to make a little money from it ;)

Is it wise for you to publicly display your email address? Do you get lots of spam? I do, and have never posted my email address in a public place.

Anyway, you deserve a medal!

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”