ENunn

Not detecting some of my games.

Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:30 am

Hello.

I'm trying to record Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2, and the original Grand Theft Auto. I cannot record them. The FPS counter does not appear, so I can't record. I know both run an older version of DirectX before DX9, is that the problem?

I have tried Fraps too, nothing.

Can anyone help?

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Not detecting some of my games.

Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:33 pm

Hello!

Please try the solutions below:
http://www.bandicam.com/faqs/no_fps_fra ... nd_number/

If you still have the FPS problem, play the game in windowed mode and try the 'Rectangle on a screen' mode of Bandicam.

ENunn

Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:12 am

I have tried all of these. I can 't run the games in Windowed mode because they don't have an option for that. I have tried DxWnd and it doesn't work.

ENunn

Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:01 am

Well, can someone help?

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:21 pm

You may try VirtualBox (https://www.virtualbox.org/).

Play the game in VirtualBox, and record the VirutalBox window through Bandicam.

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:42 am

It may not be of much help at this exact moment, but I remember someone saying they had trouble with THPS2 in the past...
I myself figured out how to eventually record GTA1, but I can't remember offhand right now exactly what I did. I'll try to remember and/or reinstall GTA - and if I do, I'll come back here to post what I did :geek:

Edit/Update:
Just wanted to pop back in and say that I tested recording GTA1 and it seemed to start and record fine with Bandicam version 2.1.2.740 (latest at this time I believe), although I did get some weird sort of corruption with it (graphics glitching out a bit, flickering) - but I'm currently testing out the Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview at the moment, so it could possibly be related to that... For now though, it seemed to record ok.

Since you state you can't record even with FRAPS, etc. have you tried re-installing the Display Drivers? (I know, I hate hearing this, but it does update some other things when they are re-installed, so it may help). Also, try re-installing DirectX (get it from the Microsoft website here). Try re-installing the games themselves, too. I hope these few things at least help start you off, I'll try to return here if you continue to have problems

ENunn

Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:07 pm

It may not be of much help at this exact moment, but I remember someone saying they had trouble with THPS2 in the past...
I myself figured out how to eventually record GTA1, but I can't remember offhand right now exactly what I did. I'll try to remember and/or reinstall GTA - and if I do, I'll come back here to post what I did :geek:

Edit/Update:
Just wanted to pop back in and say that I tested recording GTA1 and it seemed to start and record fine with Bandicam version 2.1.2.740 (latest at this time I believe), although I did get some weird sort of corruption with it (graphics glitching out a bit, flickering) - but I'm currently testing out the Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview at the moment, so it could possibly be related to that... For now though, it seemed to record ok.

Since you state you can't record even with FRAPS, etc. have you tried re-installing the Display Drivers? (I know, I hate hearing this, but it does update some other things when they are re-installed, so it may help). Also, try re-installing DirectX (get it from the Microsoft website here). Try re-installing the games themselves, too. I hope these few things at least help start you off, I'll try to return here if you continue to have problems
Ok. So I reinstalled THPS2, and the FPS counter showed up, but yet it still won't record. I press F12, which is set to my record hotkey, yet nothing. Any help?

EDIT: Sorry for not replying in so long. I forgot about this topic. lol

ENunn

Tue May 05, 2015 7:38 am

Anyone?

Bensch

Wed May 06, 2015 4:15 am

Same problem here.
I'm starting THPS2, the FPS counter shows up, but there seems to be no way to get Bandicam start recording or capture a screenshot. :|

Edit:
latest versions of display drivers, directx and bandicam are installed...
game has be re-installed two times.

Edit2:
The game does not support window-mode, glidewrapper won't fix this and my Win98 VM keeps crashing while rebooting to install display drivers. So I'd be really happy if there's any solution to record this in fullscreen. *sigh*

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Tue May 12, 2015 6:42 pm

Anyone?
Sorry I forgot about this Thread too, heh.
If the key doesn't seem to be working, you could try to Re-install Bandicam and see if that changes anything. Try re-assigning the key first, just to see if it works with another key (it shouldn't make a difference, but just in case..). Perhaps it just isn't compatible with THPS2 :cry: Hmm....
Same problem here.
I'm starting THPS2, the FPS counter shows up, but there seems to be no way to get Bandicam start recording or capture a screenshot. :|
Edit:
latest versions of display drivers, directx and bandicam are installed...
game has be re-installed two times.
Edit2:
The game does not support window-mode, glidewrapper won't fix this and my Win98 VM keeps crashing while rebooting to install display drivers. So I'd be really happy if there's any solution to record this in fullscreen. *sigh*
If you are running THPS2 in a VM and recording it in Rectangle Mode, there is an option of "Enhanced Capture Method" for Windows 8 or above, perhaps try Disabling that and see if it makes a difference.

Does the "Enhanced Capture Method" (for DX9 games, in Bandicam) make any difference for either of you? I'm just throwing out ideas and I'm sorry if they don't really help you guys, heh.

I used to have THPS2, but I'm not sure if I still have it around anymore - if I can dig it up, I'll try it in my Windows 8.1 and see what happens...

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”