Malkovich

Video and audio is out of sync

Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:23 pm

Guys, there is a problem. When i record video with bandicam it plays fine, everything is in sync. When i take it to Premiere Pro CC project - everything is also ok, everything is fine till i export it - there troubles come.
After exporting the audio is coming out of sync with video, the futher video goes the bigger gape between video and audio becomes.

I've already started a discussion in adobe forum, tried all the options with premiere, even transferred raw materials to my mate in order to render it with his PC, but nothing works! :(
Here is the link to adobe discussion: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7230393#7230393

The video is 40 minutes lengh, a recorded audio and micro in separated files with bandicam.

Help, bros! Can't solve this problem for 2 days! :!:
Attachments
Settings.jpg
Bandicam settings i use
Settings.jpg (78.1 KiB) Viewed 6752 times

Malkovich

Re: Video and audio is out of sync

Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:54 pm

Thanks you so much for a proper technical support. Just to be clear it's sarcasm.

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:00 pm

Thanks you so much for a proper technical support. Just to be clear it's sarcasm.
This was not needed... This is not a place for Technical Support, it is only a forum for peers ('other users like you') to try and help each other out, if and when they can... The developers come by as they are able to, which is nice.

As for your issue, it seems that the problem is with Premiere and how it is handling the video, since it was recorded ok, plays back ok (not losing sync, etc) and Bandicam seems to be compiling the video file without issues.

Premiere is very picky when it comes to Variable Frame Rate recordings and does not like very many codecs... Have you tried the file in another video editing program? Something simpler like Avidemux, Virtualdub, etc. Anything, really. Windows Movie Maker, even?
Have you tried different codecs, to see which ones are giving trouble, and which ones work ok? What other things have you tried? What are your system specs? Much more information could be included here, and would be very helpful.

The actual Support Area at Bandicam.com states to try the "Premiere" setting (which uses MotionJPEG codec and PCM Audio (which is very lightly compressed - so much so that it is called "Uncompressed"). What are your results with long recordings when you try that?

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:51 pm

Hello Malkovich,

Could you please send the video file to bandicam@bandisoft.com?

We will try to reproduce the problem with your video file.

YonatanZamir

Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:01 pm

mp4 and all nvidia codecs is bad for premiere beacuse bandicam dosent support CFR wich syncs the audio and video.
a lot of users requsted this feature

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:20 am

mp4 and all nvidia codecs is bad for premiere beacuse bandicam dosent support CFR wich syncs the audio and video.
a lot of users requsted this feature
If I may pop back in, Bandicam indeed supports CFR and that is was it used entirely at first. Today, I just did a test with MPEG-1, h.264/AVC (as a third party codec) and MJPEG (which is the best codec to use for compatibility with programs such as Premiere, as it utilizes Intra-coded frames [every frame is a keyframe and therefore no sync is lost no matter how long the video is, especially when coupled with PCM codec Audio]). All three clips recorded were CFR.

You are correct that NVENC is also VFR and in general, Premiere, Vegas, Lightworks, Edius and other NLEs can be somewhat 'finicky' when it comes to codecs... but you can edit MPEG-4, x264/h.264 and many other codecs (especially MJPEG) in Premiere, it just requires choosing to record in a more compatible codec.

Another option to the previous paragraph, is to re-encode the video (without editing it) into a CFR format (using something like Handbrake, that allows the selection of output as CFR, or even use Bandisoft's own Bandicut, rendering into a CFR-compatible codec, such as MJPEG (at a very high bitrate/setting), for example.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:26 pm

Hello!

Please try Bandicam 2.2.3 which has been released today.
- Download: http://www.bandicam.com/downloads/

This new version supports the CFR (Constant Frame Rate) option.

For more information, visit http://www.bandicam.com/support/tips/vfr-cfr/

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”