Flaim

[Suggestion] Button to disable starting splash-screen

Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:12 am

Hi there,

congrats for the new splashscreen (it looks highly professional), but i'm one of those people that actually dislike having splash-screens in general.
is there a way to disable the splashscreen already and i just can't find it?
if not, could you implement a setting to disable it?

my reason for this is that i auto-start bandicam with windows, therefore i'm getting spammed with the splashscreen everyday at least once.

Thanks in advance :)

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: [Suggestion] Button to disable starting splash-screen

Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:10 pm

Hello Flaim,
my reason for this is that i auto-start bandicam with windows, therefore i'm getting spammed with the splashscreen everyday at least once.
We will remove the splash screen if you have checked the auto-start option of Bandicam.

Thank you for letting us know.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:34 pm

Hello!

Please try the new version of Bandicam which has been released today.

The splash screen (launch image) will not be displayed when Bandicam automatically starts.

Flaim

Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:49 am

it works as you describe it, but what i have hoped for was being able to disable it completely no matter whether it's at windows booting or anytime after that.

the reason is that i'm using a batch file that kills bandicam for 64-bit games in order to be able to have steam overlay. after the steam overlay is loaded the batchfile automatically launches bandicam again.

best regards :)

SuperGod

Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:15 am

+100
Me too hate this splash screen.
It's ok to leave turned on by default after 1st installation, but IMHO users should have ability to turn off this COMPLETELY.
I don't need to be reminded how "cool is your product" We already know about it. :P
This include annoying balloon pop-up on the tray.
Bandisoft, for god's sake, let us choose. ;-)

vennfam

Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:29 pm

I too am VERY annoyed by the splashscreen - we have bought the program because it is good and don't need to be told about it. You are just annoying your paying customers. Turn it off - at least for registered users!

pechart

Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:11 am

Anything on this? I'm currently looking for a professional screen (and device) capture solution that does just that: record the videostream. But I'm going to call bandicam from another application, so I have to make sure that the splashscreen doesn't interupt the recording. I'm happily going to pay if this would be possible in the registered version. Thanks!

oggologgo

Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:19 pm

Bandicam, you need to give the option to disable the splash screen completely. It's unacceptable that we don't have that option.

What makes your splash screen even worse, is that you chose to make it always be on top, meaning you can't be doing other stuff, while while Bandicam is starting, without having the splash screen in the way. (Yes, the few seconds is too much time to be forced to do nothing but wait for Bandicam. I usually have many things going on at the same time, and I'll be browsing stuff, during the few seconds Bandicam starts up.)

Splash screens belong in demo or shareware versions. They do not belong in full versions that we already payed for.

WE ALREADY BOUGHT IT. We don't need your software to be advertised to us.

It would be ok, if it was on by default (it shouldn't be there at all though), but it should at least be possible to completely disable it.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:18 pm

Hello oggologgo,

Thank you for sharing your idea.
We've forwarded your request to our development team.

Thank you.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”