Starrs

No DirectX/OpenGL plus no rectangle border.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:32 pm

I have decided to edit this post to add this before the actual post:"I still think Bandicam is the best of whatever similar programs are out there at present. Whatever glitches occur are usually due, IMO, to technical probs with cards, diff. programs etc. and can easily be solved.
I am an Optimist. For me - the glass is never half-empty. It is ALWAS half-full, even when I have emptied it.":) :lol: So. . . here is my post: Hi. . . weird :roll: . . .this only started a few days ago. Graphics card died. Temp. card is GeForce 315. Next week will install GTX 460. I have Vista 32.
Meantime, back at the ranch:
1. No longer can I record at all with DirectX/OpenGL. It's greyed out.
(Funny thing is - Even with that greyed out and NOT using rectangle mode, I can see FPS on Youtube's enlarged video screens (not on regular screen) AND record anyway. Doubly weird. :roll: :roll:

2. On rectangle mode, I can record but on video games I cannot see the border, to go by, but must rely on instinct to push Play or Pause or Stop. But it still will record. I can see the rectangle border when recording Youtube stuff. I need it for games, though.

Is it possible an older version of Bandicam will work. This is the latest version

Thank you very much for any worthwhile advice. :mrgreen:

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: No DirectX/OpenGL plus no rectangle border.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:19 pm

Hello Starrs,

Please see the FAQ below:
- http://www.bandicam.com/faqs/no_fps_fra ... nd_number/

Here is the Bandicam 1.6.1 version
- Download: [removed]

Starrs

Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:28 am

Hello Starrs,

Please see the FAQ below:
- http://www.bandicam.com/faqs/no_fps_fra ... nd_number/

Here is the Bandicam 1.6.1 version
- Download: [removed]
:oops: FEEDBACK: Thanks for the reply BUT - To make sure, I uninstalled everything and re-installed version 1.6.1.
Then tried it on several games. First of all, the DirectX/OpenGL still doesn't work so that's still a bit of a bummer. :(
The rectangle border appears as follows and it works fine:
1. Oblivion. Yes. :D
2. Stronghold 2. No. :x
3. Ruse: No. ;)
4. Deus Ex:Human Revolution: YES. :lol: :D
5. M/Soft FSX: Yes. :D
6: Skyrim: NO. :roll: (Works with Windowed mode but that window is quite small. Am trying to find a way to enlarge the windowed mode to almost full screen but so far zilch :?:
Just random games. Really wanted it to work on Skyrim. Still works by instinct but no border. For those interested, I think it's Hit or Miss with games. Don't know why at present. The 1.6.1 version workd with some. The most recent version didn't work with any.
I wonder if an earlier version again will, ironically, work with Skyrim? Is there anywhere I can d/load it?

Later. . . Ruse will work in Windowed mode with rectangle border. Skyrim has a Borderless Windowed mod which works likewise. :lol: :mrgreen: :D I guess most games which will not work with the DirectX/OpenGL will work in windowed mode with the rectangle border. :) YAY !!!

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:33 pm

Hello,

I use the latest version of Bandicam, and I can record the Skyrim without any problems.
- Bandicam download: http://www.bandicam.com/downloads/

I think it's not the Bandicam problem, it may be your DirectX or graphic card driver problem.

Please re-install your DirectX and Graphic card driver.
Also, you have to use 'DirectX/OpenGL widow' to record Skyrim

Starrs

Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:44 am

Hi. . . Like I said, since I couldn't record Skyrim on DirectX/OpenGL, I found the way around the problem by installing the mod:" Borderless Window ". It enabled me to choose from a selection of screen sizes which fit a windowed mode much bigger than the Skyrim's windowed mode and I simply adjust the rectangle border to suit. It actually gives me about 95% of the full desktop screen.
However, tomorrow I will have installed a new card GTX 460 and will check out the DirectX update for that, along with updated drivers accordingly. I would prefer using the DirectX/OpenGL mode anyway because it's handy to see the FPS counter too. :D
Thank you for your comments.

Starrs

Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:01 am

Installed new Vid. card GTX 460 Superclocked. Drivers and DirectX up to date.
Everything running well. :D

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:01 pm

Congratulation!!

I hope you enjoy Skyrim recording with Bandicam
http://www.bandicam.com/downloads/

Have a good day!! :D

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”