tridecagon

Webcam As Two Tracks

Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:25 am

An unrelated question first:
Why does the Bandicam team frown upon recording two audio sources as separate tracks? I actually prefer this method because when I go to edit the video, I can adjust my voice track and the game/program track independently of each other (I could apply modulation to my voice and lower the games audio, for example).

Main question:
Is it planned to allow recording of webcam video and game video to two separate video tracks or even two different files? Is it currently possible without going through a 12-step process? My reasoning here is the same as for why I record two audio tracks: my editing can be more flexible. I usually record with the webcam in the upper-left corner of the screen, but that poses a problem where maybe I need to shift the webcam to another part of the screen for a short time.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Webcam As Two Tracks

Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:55 pm

Hello!
Why does the Bandicam team frown upon recording two audio sources as separate tracks?
If you uncheck the "Two Sound Mixing" option, you are able to record two audio sources separately.
You may also save the audio tracks as the .wav files.
Is it planned to allow recording of webcam video and game video to two separate video tracks or even two different files?
We don't have a plan for separating two video tracks at the moment.
We may consider it in the distant future.

tridecagon

Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:57 am

Hello!
Why does the Bandicam team frown upon recording two audio sources as separate tracks?
If you uncheck the "Two Sound Mixing" option, you are able to record two audio sources separately.
You may also save the audio tracks as the .wav files.
Sorry, poor wording on my part. If you visit the FAQ, it tries its best to make you disable the option. In fact, the only two options the FAQ gives is to either mix the sounds within Windows itself, or to mix them together in Bandicam. My question wasn't about how to get the two tracks separated, but why the FAQ doesn't want the user to separate them.
It's kinda like installing a program. The installer insists that you close all applications before the actual installation. But I install them with other programs running all the time and have no trouble.
Is it planned to allow recording of webcam video and game video to two separate video tracks or even two different files?
We don't have a plan for separating two video tracks at the moment.
We may consider it in the distant future.
Basically this. I found that an hour after posting this topic.

I just attempted to run two instances of Bandicam. I tried to make it record one source twice, one with and one without the webcam overlay in an attempt to do something I already know I can do (cut the webcam out of the one with the overlay and insert it into the one without). However, the options I set in one instance transferred to the other instance and it spit out one single video. I checked webcam overlay in one instance and then unchecked it in the other. Both instances then had the option unchecked.

I just had an idea! Make an option to only record webcam video. This way I can have two instances and not have to worry about this rectangle blocking part of the screen and also not recording a portion of one video source twice.

*EDIT*
I'm still trying to get both instances working happily together. I got webcam video, but not game video. The webcam is from "Rectangle on a Screen" and the missing video is from "DirectX/OpenGL". I can only get one instance to hook, basically.

*EDIT 2*
I just found a workaround solution using Windows Movie Maker. Use WMM to record webcam video and Bandicam to record game play. Have both recording webcam audio and tap a pin to the desk (i just flicked the webcam's mic) to use to sync the two video sources in Vegas Pro.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Tue May 31, 2016 3:40 pm

Hello!

Please try Bandicam 3.1.0 which has been released today.
This new version allows you to save a webcam video and game/screen video separately into two video files.

- Download: https://www.bandicam.com/downloads/

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”