GameTipsAndMore Blog

"Debugger Has Been Found" Since Windows 10 Preview Update

Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:47 pm

Just want to mention that I have been seeing this message almost every other time I start Bandicam (but not every time), since there was an automatic update done, using the Windows 10 Technical Preview (Build 10041). I didn't change anything on the system, just woke up one morning and found the PC had done an update overnight, from Microsoft, and now this message comes up about half the time. Usually, I just restart Bandicam and it works fine.

The only thing I can see (in a quick check) that has changed, is that Windows Defender is installed now and obviously running (System Tray Icon, etc). I haven't done more in-depth looking at the Windows changes/updates, yet. Again, Bandicam works fine still, and I can usually just re-run the program. Is this acceptable to do? :lol: I don't want to get into trouble with Bandicam, running it with something it may not like, heh.

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Re: "Debugger Has Been Found" Since Windows 10 Preview Updat

Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:10 am

Thank you, Dfactor, but that thread does not help really... and does not address the query I had. Thank you for your input, though.

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Re: "Debugger Has Been Found" Since Windows 10 Preview Updat

Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:21 am

Just an update: I have seen now, that it is not just Bandicam... I have run into a few other programs that have said this (some games, Ubisoft's Uplay utility, and others).

I tried various forms of general Troubleshooting, such as making sure all Drivers were up to date, Windows Updates were working (they cannot be disabled at all, in the Technical Preview of Windows 10), re-installing programs having issues, disabling Anti-Virus applications (Windows Defender became included and Enabled automatically in Build 10041), and more steps.

I then went to look at some Windows 10 Technical Preview Feedback (from Microsoft) and have seen submissions by others that have run into this, with many, many programs - and even the Default Windows Installation program and associated libraries (SetupDLL.dll). So, my issue (and others at this time) seems to be related to Windows more than Bandicam itself...

I hope this comes as a relief to Bandisoft and other people running into this problem ("A debugger has been found on your system..."), thinking it is Bandicam. It seems it is not, which is great 8-)

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”