TheGeekyDead

Thinking about buying this

Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:22 am

A friend recommended it to me, i am currently using Fraps and it works well.
It's just that the file size is killing me! 2 Gigs for a 30 minute video...

I just wanted to ask a few Questions before i buy it.

1 - Will it work on Windows 8, 8.1
2 - How well does it do on the actual size of the video?
3 - It it just a one time fee for me, or is it monthly?
4 - I will be recording videos for youtube, am i allowed?

I just wanted to find out, before I go ahead and grab it.

Dfactor

Re: Thinking about buying this

Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:49 am

1. Full support.
2. Entirely up to you. Different codecs, resolutions, framerates, bitrates, keyframes. Everything can be customized.
3. "Once you purchase the program, there is a lifetime guarantee on the license as long as you follow the license policy."
4. That's a silly question. Yes.

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Re: Thinking about buying this

Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:43 am

If I may pop in,

The knowledgeable Dfactor is correct - I only wanted to pop my head in here for a moment, because perhaps for #4, you might have been referring to Monetization (making money via YouTube/Google for your videos).

It's not an entirely clear-cut set of rules (legality isn't much of the time), but in general, you should have permission from the companies/producers of any material you try to Monetize (be careful for things like, the radio playing in the background of a video where you are talking to the camera, etc).

As far as video games, most game companies are pretty good about letting you share your gameplay videos, but might purse their lips a bit if you try to monetize them (only a couple have penalized YouTubers, as far as I know).
Some game companies and developers encourage it and have stated outright that they will allow you to monetize any videos you want with their material (Mojang/Minecraft, Hirez/Tribes, etc).
You can always ask on any game Forums or write an email to any game companies/sites, if you wish to monetize gameplay videos of their game(s), then you'll always know for sure.

As far as recording and putting up videos that you have captured with Bandicam, I don't think that Bandisoft could be held much at fault for what you do with the videos themselves after the recording process takes place, so I don't think they would be too worried about it (I could be wrong, of course). I think that, for the most part, if in doubt, you should ask any game companies themselves, letting them know you want to Monetize your YouTube videos with their game material, just to make sure. Then, you can record and upload and monetize to your heart's content, without any worries at all about what you are doing - and have fun doing it all with Bandicam! :mrgreen:
("Hope That Helps!") ~ Troy

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”