cadc

Video Distortion? [Solved, Somewhat]

Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:29 am

ok, This is something I haven't been able to determine the cause of, it doesn't happen often, but does happen from time to time.

I'm not sure if this is a video decoding error of some sort or not, but my video preview as well as the video in the sony vegas timeline will get distorted like so:

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q235 ... merror.png

the video plays fine in windows media player when opened, but will be decoded improperly by Sony Vegas.

I'm hoping a simple reboot will fix this issue, but if not, I'll let you know.
Last edited by cadc on Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

cadc

Re: Video Distortion?

Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:40 am

Nope, rebooting didn't fix the issue, hmmm...

cadc

Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:46 am

well, I think what caused it was whenever I was playing back the video on windows media player, and then I skipped around in the video instead of letting it play back normally, it must have messed up the encoding on the compressed video file... but that doesn't explain why the others got messed up too, unless its because they all received the windows video player playback attribute...

at least, that's the only conclusion I can think of :?

cadc

Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:58 am

Ok, Renaming the file, and reloading it to Sony Vegas Fixed the issue (surprisingly enough)

Also, Deleting the clip from the timeline, and replacing the clip to the time line again fixes this issue as well... but it still looks glitched on the actual file in windows explorer... odd all around... but as long as it works in Vegas, I guess I don't give 2 hoots :roll:

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”