Mysterious_g

"Failed to initialize codec"

Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:01 pm

- Windows Version: Windows 8 64bit
- Graphic card model: Nvdia Gforce GTX 760
- Graphics card driver version: 353.30
- Bandicam version: 2.2.2.790
- Bandicam mode: 'DirectX/OpenGL window'
- Codec: H.264 (Nvdia NVENC) (have tried both H.264 and X264)
- Recording Target: Outlast

I have never received this problem before ever recording Outlast. The first time it happened, I couldn't record anything at all and received the error 24/7 after attempting to record Outlast. After that I re-installed Bandicam and I am able to record everything BUT Outlast. I have tried (almost) every other forum's solutions, and none have worked for me.

Please respond soon so I can get back to my channel that is waiting for a video tomorrow.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
A screenshot of the Error
Capture.PNG (23.93 KiB) Viewed 30919 times

Matteo955

Re: "Failed to initialize codec"

Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:39 pm

Did you try to use rectangle on screen as a workaround?
Bandicam italian translator

Mysterious_g

Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:45 pm

I would prefer not using rectangle on screen. It causes alot of trouble and sometimes de-syncing my audio.

Mysterious_g

Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:31 pm

Anyone?

Matteo955

Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:25 pm

Here are some other suggestions which may help:
-Set 60 FPS (why 59.94? anyway...)
-Try to reset your settings to a preset (use the default one first, then the NVIDIA)
-Try some other codec and file type (avi instead of mp4 and viceversa)
-Uninstall your graphic driver and bandicam, reboot and make a clean install of driver and bandicam; then try again to record

Mysterious_g

Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:35 pm

~It was a 60 Fps originally, I was just testing some things so please ignore anything in the background.

~Tried, gave the same error.

~I would like to stay as my current codec because it is the one that has the best quality for me (personally). I also need it as mp3 because avi does not work with Sony Vegas and has a lower quality.

~Have yet to try this, will inform you once I do.

Special

Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:21 am

Well, the problem is simple to explain. First of all, i have the exact problem how u, but as i know made yesterday Nvidia a new Graphic update for the new Batman game. And yes, from some weeks ago had bandicam the same problem with the Witcher 3 update.

So dear bandisoft, pls make so fast if u can an new update for bandicam.

It's not about the FPS, it's about that, because nvidia made a new graphic udpate and all where use the "NVENC" codec, it doesn't works at last!

Maybe it would be nice, when bandisoft would make a coperation with nvidia. Or at last by every new nvidia graphic update, need bandicam a update too -.- Sorry for my crappy english, but i think eveyone understand me what i mean :)

Mysterious_g

Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:47 am

Special wrote:Well, the problem is simple to explain. First of all, i have the exact problem how u, but as i know made yesterday Nvidia a new Graphic update for the new Batman game. And yes, from some weeks ago had bandicam the same problem with the Witcher 3 update.

So dear bandisoft, pls make so fast if u can an new update for bandicam.

It's not about the FPS, it's about that, because nvidia made a new graphic udpate and all where use the "NVENC" codec, it doesn't works at last!

Maybe it would be nice, when bandisoft would make a coperation with nvidia. Or at last by every new nvidia graphic update, need bandicam a update too -.- Sorry for my crappy english, but i think eveyone understand me what i mean :)

Thanks! That would explain it! I guess I will just wait until Bandicam updates!

Dfactor

Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:23 pm

I have 353.30 drivers and I can't replicate the NVENC problem.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:25 am

Hello!

Unfortunately, we can't replicate the problem with Bandicam 2.2.2, NVIDIA driver 353.30 and The Witcher 3 in GTX 750Ti.

1. When do you see the "Failed to initialize codec" error message?
- When you select the "H.264 (NVIDIA NVENC" codec?
- When you click the 'Record' button (F12 recording hotkey)?

2. Do you see the error message when you use the 'Rectangle on a screen' mode?

"i have the exact problem how u, but as i know made yesterday Nvidia a new Graphic update for the new Batman game. "

Please go to http://www.geforce.com/drivers and install older versions of GeForce driver (353.06, etc.), and let us know your result.

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:31 pm

Mysterious_g wrote:~It was a 60 Fps originally, I was just testing some things so please ignore anything in the background.

~Tried, gave the same error.

~I would like to stay as my current codec because it is the one that has the best quality for me (personally). I also need it as mp3 because avi does not work with Sony Vegas and has a lower quality.

~Have yet to try this, will inform you once I do.

If I may pop in, AVI works with Vegas with no problem, it is just a container, holding whatever codec you set, inside - what codec/settings for recording? I can try help Tweak them with you, if you'd like.

The container (AVI/MKV/MP4) does not affect Quality, the codec used inside of the container and the settings only affect Quality.

I would be happy to help you to get it working with Vegas, if you have the time (around this other problem you have). Good luck

Edit:
I see your settings in the Screenshot of Bandicam - with NVENC/CUDA/etc you need to use a Keyframe Interval of "1" or else Vegas can't handle the VFR (Variable Frame Rate) and GOP (Group Of Pictures), and it will either not import, or result in 'glitchy' looking 'trails' in the video when things move (things change between the frames). It will take up more space (and need higher bitrate to keep the same amount of Quality), because it does not have the 'extra room' between frames to compress the little differences between them - but it will work (ie. NVENC codec inside of the AVI container, using a Keyframe Interval of "1").
("Hope That Helps!") ~ Troy from The Game Tips And More Blog

ATOMICPUNK

Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:55 pm

- Windows Version: Windows 8 64bit
- Graphic card model: Nvdia Gforce GTX 760
- Graphics card driver version: 350.12
- Bandicam version: 2.0.2.655
- Bandicam mode: 'DirectX/OpenGL window'
- Codec: H.264 (Nvdia NVENC)

Confirmation,. NVIDIA Ready Driver is the culprit. I spent some time today rolling back NVIDIA drivers, Then testing Bandicam until I found the driver that has no conflicts. Ready Driver Version 350.12

Dfactor

Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:56 pm

ATOMICPUNK wrote:- Bandicam version: 2.0.2.655

You're running an outdated version of Bandicam that doesn't support NVENC on post 352.86 drivers.

ATOMICPUNK

Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:28 pm

Dfactor wrote:
ATOMICPUNK wrote:- Bandicam version: 2.0.2.655

You're running an outdated version of Bandicam that doesn't support NVENC on post 352.86 drivers.

LOL!, Thats hilarious because if that version didn't support NVENC Then how could I have selected it in the list of codecs?,. Actually, You'd have to go back as far as bandicam version 1.8.9.371 for non NVENC support.

Maybe I wasn't clear in my post,. I rolled back NVIDIA drivers until I found the one that have no conflicts with the last 2 Bandicam builds, Which is NVIDIA Ready Driver 350.12. Take it or leave it, I can care less. My problem solved! Good luck with with yours.

Matteo955

Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:10 am

Dfactor wrote:You're running an outdated version of Bandicam that doesn't support NVENC on post 352.86 drivers.

He refers to compatibility between Bandicam and driver version.
Anyway, a new Bandicam version should be near the release time. You just have to wait a little to try it.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:11 am

Hi,

We are pleased to inform you that the "Failed to initialize codec" issue is now fixed.
Please install Bandicam 3.3.1 from https://www.bandicam.com/downloads/ and check its performance.

Thank you.

suvankar

Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:42 am

Guys I have Bandicam vr. 3.3.2.1195
But the problem is same !! I am not able to record my GTA SanAndreas game.. :cry:

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:46 pm

Hello suvankar,

1. Please uninstall the current graphics driver and install the latest version of it and try recording again.

2. If the graphics memory is not enough, it might happen.
Please turn off other programs such as Nvidia's Shadowplay, AMD’s Gaming Evolved Client and try it again.

3. Do you see the error message when you choose the "H264 (CPU)" video codec? (No. 3)

4. Do you have the same issue with other games?

Please let us know your result.

Thank you.

PanCatHere

Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:56 am

I changed codec to intel and that worked you can try changing to another codec

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”