Lightlyrow

[Request] Bandicam User Account Control Access

Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:59 pm

Hello!

I have a request. I want Bandicam to not require UAC to open. This is really annoying, as my dad has to type the password in every time, due to him not wanting me to know the UAC as I may install unknown programs. Just so you know, the Task Scheduler does not work as it only works on admin accounts on Windows. Is there a specific version of Bandicam that doesn't need the password? Or can it be implemented in further releases?

Thanks. Please implement this, or tell me a way to bypass the UAC for certain programs on a non admin account.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: [Request] Bandicam User Account Control Access

Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:13 pm

Hello!

We don't have a good solution at the moment.
We will consider it in the distant future.

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:03 am

Sorry to reply after an 'official' response by Bandisoft; but if I may pop in, you can try to create an Elevated Shortcut for the program (your Dad must do this) - one version of instructions are here:
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/19 ... -user.html

Good luck with it!

Lightlyrow

Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:41 pm

Sorry to reply after an 'official' response by Bandisoft; but if I may pop in, you can try to create an Elevated Shortcut for the program (your Dad must do this) - one version of instructions are here:

Good luck with it!
Doesn't this mean that I will have access to put any program I want in the file? So after he changes it to Bandicam, I could go in and change it to something else? Or does it not let me change it?

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:06 am

Good luck with it!
Doesn't this mean that I will have access to put any program I want in the file? So after he changes it to Bandicam, I could go in and change it to something else? Or does it not let me change it?
I have not tried this exact process myself, but I believe it may let you change it.

However, editing shortcuts can be restricted in Windows, if he really wants to do that. Then the action of opening the Shortcut, to alter it, is restricted.

There can also be a list of 'allowed programs' that can be set up, if he wants to restrict what programs you can run, in general. Steps such as these:
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/25 ... ndows.html
will set up a list of 'only these programs can be run' for a user, so that, even if you changed the name of the program in the Elevated Shortcut (for example, to try and run Internet Explorer and accidentally go to a questionable/possibly-dangerous site on the internet), the list would not let you 'run' Internet Explorer (even if the Shortcut was changed to 'start' IE).

Also, the Event Viewer in Windows always shows what programs were launched and when. If he really wanted to track the actions of the system, it will say in there what program was run and the time it ran, and by what user. It would also say if you attempted to start a program that was restricted (by trying to change the Shortcut).

If I am talking to the son, sorry about that, heh. I'm sure your Dad has good reasons for protecting you or the system. Take care.

Lightlyrow

Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:16 am

How would I go about restricting shortcuts? I can only find things about keyboard shortcuts.

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:15 am

How would I go about restricting shortcuts? I can only find things about keyboard shortcuts.
Shortcuts can be restricted in a few ways.

One way, is to redirect the Desktop folder to a Network Share that gives that user Read-Only permission. This would take away the ability to edit/save/create Shortcuts on the Desktop.

Another way, is to use the Group Policy Editor to create a policy to restrict general access to Shortcuts, or disable the Context Menu (the little sub-menu that pops up when a user Right-Clicks an object).

By the way,

For the first one, it does not need to specifically be a Network Share, it can be 'just a regular' Shared Folder, where a User's Desktop Folder is placed inside it, and the Access Control Panel is used to only let the User have Read Access to the Folder.

For the second one, the version of Windows would have to be "Professional" or higher, as the "Home" versions do not have the Group Policy manager included.
[The Group Policy Editor is extremely useful for these types of restrictions... It is my personal Suggestion, that if there is a desire to configure/restrict many of these things over time, investing the extra $30-80 (if you are in the USA) would be quite worth it, for time saved/ease of use, over the long run - just a suggestion of course]

It's up to your Dad, there are many ways to do it, if he really wants to.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”