The_One_And_Only

New To Bandicam

Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:20 am

Hi,

I do apologise if a thread has previously been created in the past with the exact same problem as I am having with this software. I don't mean to be a pain in the arse I just need some help with a new piece of software that I'm not familiar with, and that's why I'm here for some guidance.

I have tried recording some gameplay in CounterStrike: Source but when I press the F11 record key I suddenly start lagging so badly that it's not worth recording any longer. I see people uploading gameplay everyday onto Youtube and gaming websites + even some people are streaming great quality high definition videos obviously this last point is not what I'm here for because Bandicam is different to a stream. Well everytime I begin recording my FPS drops to 60 coloured red in my game and then I get lags.

Settings In CSS.

Resolution: 1920 x 1080, Aspect Ratio: 16:9 and Video Advanced Settings set to high/very high.

I can handle this no problem. I can play Skyrim/Battlefield etc in ultra settings as well, well not on a 64 man server on Battlefield but still high. I really don't know why I am suffering with lag issues recording gameplay and that's why again I'm here for some advice to find a solution. If someone could tell me some ideal video settings on Bandicam for the system I have then please do.

PC Specifications in general using software called speccy.

Processor: Intel Core I5 650 @ 3.20 GHz, RAM: 6 GB DDR 3 RAM Dual Core, graphics card: 1280MB GeForce GTX 470, monitor: SyncMaster 1920x1080 @ 60Hz, power-supply seems to be missing from the menu but I think it's 850W.

I have recorded some gameplay and it's really choppy so I hope I can get a response as quickly as possible because it took be a bit of time to write all of this out.

Thank you.

Decicus

Re: New To Bandicam

Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:07 pm

So what you say is, when you record, your FPS (frames per second) get's limited to 60 FPS.

I don't know if it's possible to disable this. Just wait until one from the Bandicam team replies to this post.

Matteo955

Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:12 pm

Yes, it's possible!

You just have to try this solution: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=300#p1031

Decicus

Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:22 am

Yes, it's possible!

I can't believe i missed that!

Use that link :P

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:16 pm

Yes, it's possible!

Hello The_One_And_Only,

1. Try the Matteo955's solution, and please give us your feedback.

2. Our basic solution is as follows: http://www.bandicam.com/faqs/how_to_red ... recording/

The_One_And_Only

Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:13 am

Yes, it's possible!

Thank you for the response, and that also goes to everyone else who has replied.

I turned off the set FPS limit and I was still getting some lag. I then set it to set FPS limit 65 and that also had it's own problems mainly due to the quality and still feeling choppy. It must be the settings I have everything set to, but that is why I asked about the recommended settings for the system I have because I don't have a clue.

I would upload the video test recording I did but it's 6 GB for a 12 minute clip. So I decided to make a fresh video clip which is about a minute long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9A2dONfyag

FPS Bandicam Settings

Video Bandicam Settings

Edit

I tested the game again with 1280 x 720 resolution on both the Bandicam software and the Counter-Strike settings and it feels better but my monitor isn't designed to be that resolution so the screen is all messed up. Timers cropped, health cropped, gun ammo cropped, the text huge and some of the actual gameplay is missing. So really it would have to stay at 1920 x 1080. I would have thought my PC could handle this because some people on Youtube have 1080 gameplay whilst having weaker builds than my own.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:50 am

Hello,

Please try the solutions below:
- Reduce the FPS from "30" to "15"
- Reduce the Video Quality from "80" to "50"

We are afraid that we don't have other solutions.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”