hej

Dirty Bomb - Failed To Initialize Codec

Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:00 pm

Hello,

I am using latest version Bandicam with AMD APP encoding.

When I record Dirty Bomb bandicam crashes and gives Failed To Initialize Codec error. This is the same issue as with Toxikk that I reported 6 months ago, both are UDK games.

I am using Windows8 x64, Radeon 7970 and AMD 8350 CPU with 16gb of ram, all updates, latest AMD beta Driver. However do not blame the driver because, as I pointed out, this is the same issue for the same engine that has happened for 6 months. Furthermore, competing software Mirillis Action! does not have issue with this game and AMD app (they have other issues).

I ask this be finally addressed as Dirty Bomb is a popular game.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Dirty Bomb - Failed To Initialize Codec

Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:28 pm

Hello hej,

We've tried Dirty Bomb.
But, we still can't reproduce the problem you mentioned.
We really want to fix this issue, however, we can't fix it unless we can replicate the bug.

Please try the solution below, and let us know your result.

1. Go to https://github.com/jackun/openencodevfw and download https://github.com/jackun/openencodevfw ... master.zip

2. Unpack the archive somewhere, right click on install.bat and click Run as Administrator

3. Select "External codec" and then choose "OpenEncodeVFW Encoder using AMD APP", and try it again.

Please let us know your test result.

hej

Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:06 pm

Wow that works perfectly and I am getting way better performance with this!!!

Thanks!

hej

Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:17 pm

I take that back. Upon further testing this is the same bug as last time.

If the game is launched and recording is initiated during the first minute or two it will continue working. However when the game is launched and no recording is initiated for a period of time that allows the game to consume many resources and then a recording is initiated the Failed To Initialize Codec error will be given. Any subsequent attempts to record will fail with the same error. Exiting bandicam and opening again will have no effect. Exiting the game and relaunching the game and pressing record will work. However, exiting Bandicam and launching Action! allows it to record amd accelerated video.

My hypothesis is that this is a bug that has to do with claiming resources away from UDK games which doesn't allow the codec to initialize. Raptr and Action! do not have this problem. Please take a closer look.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”