dmtiam2591

AMD H264 APP no longer work after latest AMD Catalyst 15.7

Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:02 pm

First, thank you Bandisoft for bringing us your marvellous software Bandicam !

3 days ago, I update my vga driver, from omega to the latest version 15.7. I start my favorite game, The Witcher 3, hit F8 to record my game, and voila, the game stop, I have to Ctrl+Alt+del to exit the program.

I check Bandicam. The option to choose that codec still there, I still can choose that codec, but everytime I hit OK, Bandicam auto exit.
Here is the image, If I hit OK now, Bandicam will exit: http://i.imgur.com/zu8u0Zl.jpg

If I choose any other codecs, Bandicam will record everything normally.

Before I updated my driver, everything fine, I choose H264 APP as my record codec. I think there is something in this driver cause confrontation with Bandicam.

Hope you guys can help me soon, thank you and sorry for my bad English !

Here is my specs:
Main: ASUS M3 N78 VM
RAM: Kingmax 2*4 GB bus 800
CPU: AMD Phenom X4 9850
VGA: MSI Radeon HD 7790
All drivers and software in my computer are up to date. The game I tried to record is The Witcher 3 !
Thank you again !!!

the9quad

Re: AMD H264 APP no longer work after latest AMD Catalyst 15

Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:33 pm

Bandisoft is blaming AMD, and waiting for a fix from AMD.
Unfortunately, there will be no fix from AMD. Bandisoft will have to fix bandicam.
Just like Raptr already patched Raptr, and Mirillis Action! already patched Action!

Note:AMD removed the already deprecated OVE and changed the way app and vce are called. So they'll have to patch bandicam to comply.

dmtiam2591

Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:10 pm

So this bug come form AMD, not Bandicam ???
Thank you !!!

Sckhar

Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:59 pm

Oh so I'm not the ony one.
Sadly I wont be using it while this feature isn't working. It's essential to me.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:37 pm

Hello!

We're re-checking this issue.

Thank you for letting us know.

the9quad

Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:36 pm

So this bug come form AMD, not Bandicam ???
Thank you !!!

It's not a bug, OpenEncode had already been deprecated for some time now, and AMD finally got rid of it. Developers should have moved to using AMF a long time ago, but they didn't (even though OpenEncode was deprecated), and now their program wont work. It is no AMD's fault, it is the fault of the people not moving to the newer method when they were told the old method was no longer gonna be supported and would eventually be gone.

mac

Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:24 pm

so glad i am not the only one with this problem... was so happy to finally see constant framerate for this codec and now i can't use it... :cry:

also didn't figure out wether it's the new driver or bandicam itself, as i installed both on the same day. good to see someone looking to fix this.

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:08 pm

so glad i am not the only one with this problem... was so happy to finally see constant framerate for this codec and now i can't use it... :cry:

also didn't figure out wether it's the new driver or bandicam itself, as i installed both on the same day. good to see someone looking to fix this.
I too, am glad to see it's not just me - thank you to others for this information (I just updated my Drivers today) :mrgreen:

@Mac : You can use other Codecs to record, if you wish, for now (eg. MPEG-4). It is only AMDAPP (if you have an AMD GPU) that is having this issue at the moment, with Bandicam.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:51 pm

It's not a bug, OpenEncode had already been deprecated for some time now, and AMD finally got rid of it. Developers should have moved to using AMF a long time ago, but they didn't (even though OpenEncode was deprecated), and now their program wont work. It is no AMD's fault, it is the fault of the people not moving to the newer method when they were told the old method was no longer gonna be supported and would eventually be gone.
We will try to release the fixed version as soon as possible.

Please use the previous AMD graphics card driver until we release the fixed version.

Thank you for letting us know.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:02 pm

Hello!

We've fixed the AMD APP bug.

Please download Bandicam 2.2.4 from http://www.bandicam.com/downloads/

Have a good day!

Best regards,
The Bandicam Team

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”