eisen

Re: AMD H264 APP no longer work after latest AMD Catalyst 15

Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:53 am

The version you sent me in the email works. Thanks Bandisoft.

Btw, i have Sapphire R9 270
Ditto! I have the same video card and that version works well! Thanks!

astrix_au

Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:10 pm

Looking back the FPS did dip at times so I think lowering the quality to 70-60 on AMD APP might help it stay at 60fps, I saw it dip to 54fps.

Anyone else can't use bitrate based on AMD APP? The video comes out 1 frame every 2-3 seconds.

Good to see you guys got VBR working! I can only speak for crossfire and see two small issues with AMD APP VBR recorded.

1) Frame rate hit is big on AMD APP almost 1/2 at times, it can go from 130fps to 75fps it shouldn't be that big with Hardware accelerated encoding.
2) Can't keep constant 60fps and it dips to 54fps even at 48Mbps which it should be able to keep constant 60fps.
This might be crossfire performance needs a little work I don't know but I don't want to reduce the quality much more. I could try 70 or 60 next.

Motion JPEG has much less of a hit on FPS while recording at 1440p 60fps but I used 80Q and had my recorded frame rate drop below 60 at times but 70Q should fix that as I used to use 70q in the past for that reason. My FPS averaged 120 while recording though but the file sizes are much bigger..

Momentum

Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:58 am

I'm having no issues with the bitrate man. I just use VBR with high quality which i reencode with Handbrake anyway/

the9quad

Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:50 am

VCE/APP has been problematic for a while now on everything when in crossfire. I only stream, but I imagine its the same when recording.

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:18 am

Hello!

We've fixed the AMD APP bug.

Please download Bandicam 2.2.4 from http://www.bandicam.com/downloads/

Have a good day!

Best regards,
The Bandicam Team
I just tested constant bit rate in AMD APP and it has a issue, I tried recording 100Mbps and it ended up not playing smooth and capturing only 389kbps which played back like 1fps every 3 seconds, in other words it's broken i believe.

VBR recorded great on some maps but Gulf of Oman struggled and wasn't as smooth as Rogue Transmission and generally the FPS hit is too much.

Thanks.
Sorry to pop back in on this, but I wish to state that I am running into the same problem as astrix here... I have been testing the H264-CPU codec and was doing some test recordings with AMDAPP to compare it to and found that the AMDAPP recordings were 'choppy' upon playback.

If I am remembering correctly, I did not have this problem earlier (earlier Bandicam version, earlier GPU Driver version) but I could be wrong, of course.

I will try to do more testing with AMDAPP, but I think, while it records without much performance hit, it produces somewhat 'choppy/laggy' playback - as per the above description, lately.

Edit:
It also crashes Hitman Absolution it seems, but I just Upgraded to Windows 10 and it could be some sort of incompatibility or Driver issue at the moment...

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”