The situation present in this message was observed with Bandicam v2.2.3. I did not get the chance to test the new version. I will update this topic as soon as I test it.
This situation was observed in multiple games: Minecraft, The Witcher Wild Hunt, Heroes of the Storm.
Here is a a demonstration of my situation(all from the same video):https://youtu.be/gFN_H2i2TZ8?t=1m21shttps://youtu.be/gFN_H2i2TZ8?t=1m34shttps://youtu.be/gFN_H2i2TZ8?t=1m42shttps://youtu.be/gFN_H2i2TZ8?t=18m24s
The video shown has the strongest symptoms of the situation. Although it seems loading screens are the cause, I have had these symptoms in other cases where the action was fluid and did not involve loading time.
Here are the settings that I use:
What I tried so far:
- changed from mp4 to avi but this loses video quality
- downgraded from 48000 to 41000 Hz with no change
- checked "skip recording while frame is not updating" but this introduces a difference between the length of video versus the 2 audio tracks
Why do I want/need this setup:
- The image quality is perfect. I only obtain this kind of quality if I use Motion JPEG with 100 quality setting but that produces massive files.(I edit with Sony Vegas)
- the performance in games is not influenced(yeeeeiiii!)
- I edit the audio track from the microphone separately from the in-game one. This allows me greater control over noise cancelling and volume balance between tracks. Related to this: I have also observed very rare, half a second screech/static noises in the audio of the game.
It seems that the audio is somehow recorded in the relation with the FPS of the video and if there is a dip in fps then the audio stops and compensates by doubling the last part that it missed.
Thank you very much for your time!
My pc specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.40GHz 52 °C
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 667MHz (9-9-9-24)
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z77X-D3H (Intel Core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz) 28 °C
Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Gigabyte)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (Gigabyte) 44 °C
111GB KINGSTON SH103S3120G SCSI Disk Device (SSD) 35 °C
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00RKKA0 SCSI Disk Device (SATA) 41 °C
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-60M2NA0 SCSI Disk Device (SATA) 35 °C
ZCTSJEX FSTE3W5Q3C SCSI CdRom Device
DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
VIA High Definition Audio