Fancy Space Fox

Huge FPS drop. Bandi settings don't seem to matter.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:20 am

Hey everyone! I have updated Bandicam to the latest version and most of my games record just fine with 0 fps drop. But so far, I've noticed Rage and GTA V have a huge fps drop when I press record. GTA V goes from 60 - 70 fps all the way down to 45fps with noticeable input lag. Rage jumps from 60fps to 33fps. What's going on? I am on the latest version of windows 10 with the most recent nvidia drivers installed.

What I've tried
Reinstalling graphics drivers
Updating operating system
Changing game resolution
Changing bandicam priority mode
Enabling and disabling enhanced capture modes and 'skip recording if frame is not updated'
Changing the fps from VBR to CBR
Using presets offered by bandicam
Compatibility mode for both the game and bandicam
Playing games in windowed, borderless windowed and full screen
Probably other things I've forgotten about

Heck I even tried downloading the NVIDIA CUDA codec that bandicam supplies a link for and changing between gpu + cpu and gpu only for recording / encoding. I've tried everything... Doesn't matter what codec I use, what settings I use, it's irrelevant. Rage and GTA V have a horrible drop in frame rate. Yes 33 fps and 45 fps is playable. but #1 I'd like to play my games in 60fps while recording. #2 the frame drop causes a large input lag.

The other thing is since I use adobe premiere. I want to use the Nvidia Nvenc codec with h.264. Reason being, if I use any other codec, then video does not play back smoothly in the editor, making it a horrendous mess to try and edit the content. Also when using the Nvenc codec, I have to use the .mp4 container instead of .avi. Otherwise Premiere will not import the file and gives an error. But as I mentioned above, the codec and bandicam settings don't seem to matter. It will lag and cause a huge fps drop in gtav and rage regardless of what is done. This also happened on windows 8.1 just before the installation of windows 10. If anything windows 10 actually increased my frame rate.

Please help!

system specs
cpu: i7 4770 4.0ghz
gpu: gtx 760 3gb
Monitor: 2560 x 1080 (21:9 anamorphic resolution, changing to 16:9 does not help reduce my problem either)
ram: 12gb standard system memory
HDD: 2tb HD 7500rpm

appreciate the help from anyone who can supply it! :D

Edit: ~~~~ This is also happening with Sanctum 2 and Black Ops II. But nvidia shadowplay records fine with zero fps drop. Only issue is with shadowplay I can't adjust microphone audio to record to an individual wav file, and games have to be in full screen. Also shadowplay doesn't pick up dolphin emulator, but bandicam does.

Dfactor

Re: Huge FPS drop. Bandi settings don't seem to matter.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:48 am

Nvidia Control Panel > Adjust image settings with preview > Let the 3D application decide
Or in Manage 3D settings > Global settings make sure Antialiasing Mode is Application-controlled and then set to "Let the 3D application decide" again.
I only give 5% that this might help, but who knows.
Back in the days some specific forced settings were making Bandicam lag badly.
Last edited by Dfactor on Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fancy Space Fox

Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:17 am

Nvidia Control Panel > Adjust image settings with preview > Let the 3D application decide
Or in Manage 3D settings > Global settings make sure Antialiasing Mode is Application-controlled and then set to "Let the 3D application decide" again.
I only give 5% that this might help, but who knows.
Back on the days some specific forced settings were making Bandicam lag badly.

That helped in the game 'Distance' but yeah everything else still has a problem. Thank you though! Was a good idea. :)

JouMxyzptlk

Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:22 am

What are your Bandicam video recording settings? Which codec do you use?
Try "MPEG1 VBR" with Quality set to 100, audio as uncompressed / PCM.

A case I personally had: Check whether your GFX card really runs as PCIe 3.0, since bandicam uses that PCIe access to capture the video the game and bandicam fight for the PCIe resources, and you lose.

Fancy Space Fox

Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:55 am

What are your Bandicam video recording settings? Which codec do you use?
Try "MPEG1 VBR" with Quality set to 100, audio as uncompressed / PCM.

A case I personally had: Check whether your GFX card really runs as PCIe 3.0, since bandicam uses that PCIe access to capture the video the game and bandicam fight for the PCIe resources, and you lose.

Before making this post I tried every single codec and container combination. I've even tried external codecs such as lagarith. Also everything worked fine before in terms of recording smoothly. My video card is also not the issue. Everything worked fine before, nothing on my computer has changed, nothing has updated, and nothing new has been installed. Now all of a sudden, if I try to record with bandicam, it will give me a 20fps drop in just about every game and cause input lag. This has never been the case before, just all of a sudden started happening. Since like I said, nothing has changed on my computer, no updates, nothing. I've tried disabling antiviruses, game overlays, everything. Doesn't matter, bandicam gives me a 20 or more fps drop and input lag in basically every game out of nowhere. It's never been an issue before, just randomly started happening.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:27 pm

Hello!

If you have the problem with all Bandicam codecs, it usually a problem with graphics card driver.
- Uninstall your graphics card driver, and download/install the latest graphics card driver.
- Please make sure that you plugged your graphics card into the primary card slot.

To edit with Adobe Premiere, please refer to http://www.bandicam.com/support/tips/adobe-premiere/

Fancy Space Fox

Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:52 am

Hello!

If you have the problem with all Bandicam codecs, it usually a problem with graphics card driver.
- Uninstall your graphics card driver, and download/install the latest graphics card driver.
- Please make sure that you plugged your graphics card into the primary card slot.

To edit with Adobe Premiere, please refer to http://www.bandicam.com/support/tips/adobe-premiere/

It's not a graphics drivers. I've had these issue only on windows 10. I know this because after making this post I reinstalled 8. Didn't have the issue, installed 10, issue popped up again. I'm running the latest nvidia graphics drivers. It's not a graphics issue because the previous version of bandi doesn't drop fps in games, but it does have a stuttering issue in the videos. (even after they have been rendered in software such as media encoder), and it's not a conflicting program. Because after reinstalling windows bandicam is the first thing I installed. It's an issue somewhere in the program conflicting with something in windows. It's gotta be.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:37 pm

We don't have a good solution at the moment.

We will keep an eye on this issue.

BandiRoli

Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:55 pm

I have the same issue but with different hardware!
Windows 7 64, AMD Radeon R9 280X

I tried all with Bandicam and ID Rage yesterday, re-installig older graphic drivers and older bandicam, only huge frame drops!
After all I tried Serious Sam HD, another title that uses OpenGL, and this had NO frame drops.
Then I retried Doom 3 BFG, that run very well on the same hardware and Software around 2014-07-25. (So I think with then version of Bandicam and graphic drivers).
Also Doom 3 BFG had very big frame drops, just not as huge as with Rage.
I tried with AMD App which run so well earlier!! At the moment for those games Bandicam is unusable... :|

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:39 pm

If I can pop in too, it seems to be happening for me also...

Something happened, I have no idea what so far, but Bandicam is causing a bit more lag when recording (larger FPS drop) which didn't occur before. I too used AMDAPP because it was so smooth in recording, but now it lags more (~10+ FPS drop for me, when before it was more like 1-3 FPS) and the videos produced are 'choppy' looking... :?:

In Windows 8.1 now, I have done some short tests using AMDAPP there to record with Bandicam - and the output seems very choppy. AMDAPP performs better for me in Windows 10, but still has a slight 'stutter' to it there, which is odd (both in recording and in the output, it is very a very slight stuttering)...

In Windows 8.1 there is less lag when recording, but the output video is quite bad in its' 'choppy-ness' with AMDAPP :o . The above tests were all done with Bandicam 2.3.1.840, however I uninstalled and went back to Bandicam 1.9.4 and the performance problems remain with any codecs (eg. Planetside 2 goes from 58fps down to 37fps using any codec, both with the latest Bandicam and tested with Bandicam 1.9.4).

AMD FX-8350
AMD R9 280
Patriot GAMER RAM 16GB
MSI GAMING 970 Mainboard
Windows 8.1 (choppy output/stuttering in the recordings, but less lag during recording)
Windows 10 (only slightly choppy output in the recordings, but more lag during recording)

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”