Psyoletic

GUI Update, Manual FPS & Multi-Channel Support?

Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:19 am

Good Evening Bandicam Forums,

I have a suggestion I wish to share with the community.

In the next update perhaps a GUI update should be included to give it a "Windows 7 Aero" feel. For example like a tinted glass look. Not something necessary rather then something to consider in future updates.

Another suggestion, in the format settings I think it's a good idea to be able to manually set a custom FPS and give some freedom over FPS instead using the presets given. Sometimes I wish to record higher then 60.00 FPS and sometimes I wish to record at 40.00 FPS. The presets are a good start and allow Bandicam users to quickly set up there recording settings and being recording but I'd also like the room to set my own recording FPS also I believe there should be a HD preset for users with a much higher spec computer that can handle the demands of HD recording.

Also any update on supporting multi-channel?

I don't like the work around of using "Stereo-Mix" to record sound, is it possible that you can tweak this? Instead of using "Stereo Mix" I would rather use my Sound Card which is a Asus DX2, when I have to set "Stereo Mix" as default I also have to change allot of other settings so I can also play my music. I would of thought you recorded from Playback and used your standard output to record. There should be an option to either capture sound output such as game sounds or external input such as a microphone and not both at the same time.

Another suggestion I would like to share is to capture audio in WAV format, it's the best format to record sound with as WAV is 100% uncompressed and although the file size will be large it's particularly handy for editing purposes and capturing HD audio.

Best regards,

Psyoletic

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: GUI Update, Manual FPS & Multi-Channel Support?

Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:05 pm

Hello Psyoletic,

We will release the "next" version of Bandicam in March.
* Main Features
- Improved DirectX 10 and 11 game recording
- Reduced much more lag
- Fixed some bugs...

Your suggestion will be considered the "next next" version

I'll try to answer the questions you asked.

==========================

In the next update perhaps a GUI update should be included to give it a "Windows 7 Aero" feel. For example like a tinted glass look. Not something necessary rather then something to consider in future updates.
=> We will consider in the future updates. It will take time.

Another suggestion, in the format settings I think it's a good idea to be able to manually set a custom FPS and give some freedom over FPS instead using the presets given. Sometimes I wish to record higher then 60.00 FPS and sometimes I wish to record at 40.00 FPS. The presets are a good start and allow Bandicam users to quickly set up there recording settings and being recording but I'd also like the room to set my own recording FPS also I believe there should be a HD preset for users with a much higher spec computer that can handle the demands of HD recording.
=> Thank you for your suggestion. It will be added the next next version.

Also any update on supporting multi-channel?
=> We also think multi-channel issue is important. We will try to solve this problem the next next version.

I don't like the work around of using "Stereo-Mix" to record sound, is it possible that you can tweak this? Instead of using "Stereo Mix" I would rather use my Sound Card which is a Asus DX2, when I have to set "Stereo Mix" as default I also have to change allot of other settings so I can also play my music. I would of thought you recorded from Playback and used your standard output to record. There should be an option to either capture sound output such as game sounds or external input such as a microphone and not both at the same time.
=> When we support the multi-channel audio, your problem may be solved.

Another suggestion I would like to share is to capture audio in WAV format, it's the best format to record sound with as WAV is 100% uncompressed and although the file size will be large it's particularly handy for editing purposes and capturing HD audio.
=> Bandicam is for recording Videos. If we make "Bandi-Audio-recorder (?)", we will support WAV, mp3, ogg format.

Thank you for sharing good ideas!!! :P

Best Regards,
Bandicam

Psyoletic

Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:34 am

Thanks for answering and giving me feedback on my suggestions.

Something I wish to discuss;
=> Bandicam is for recording Videos. If we make "Bandi-Audio-recorder (?)", we will support WAV, mp3, ogg format.
I think I've written it wrong, What I mean't to suggest was giving the users the ability to record audio in .WAV codec.

For example;
WAV.png
WAV.png (28.65 KiB) Viewed 17726 times
The reason why I would like this option as it is 100% uncompressed with 100% quality over compressed codecs and this helps users to gain high quality audio along side their HD footage. Another important fact I wish to raise is the ability to record the audio separately within Bandicam as an advanced option for users more experienced in dealing with multiple files types for editing purposes in Premier Pro or Avid for example.

Quick List of my suggestions;

GUI Update: Windows 7 Aero Theme OR Bandicams own touch
Manual FPS: Option to record higher then the maximum 60.00fps
Presets: More HD presets
Audio: Multi-Channel support (e.g 5.1, 7.1)
Audio Codecs: More codec support particularly .wav (Windows Audio File Format)

Thanks for reading and consideration!

Regards

Psyoletic

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:42 pm

GUI Update: Windows 7 Aero Theme OR Bandicams own touch
Manual FPS: Option to record higher then the maximum 60.00fps
Presets: More HD presets
Audio: Multi-Channel support (e.g 5.1, 7.1)
Audio Codecs: More codec support particularly .wav (Windows Audio File Format)
Hello Psyoletic,

• GUI Update: Windows 7 Aero Theme OR Bandicams own touch
=> We're considering, it may take a time
• Manual FPS: Option to record higher then the maximum 60.00fps
=> We will add this function the "next" version. Thank you :D
• Presets: More HD presets
=> Could you suggest HD presets you want to add?
• Audio: Multi-Channel support (e.g 5.1, 7.1)
=> We're considering, it may take a long time.
• Audio Codecs: More codec support particularly .wav (Windows Audio File Format)
=> PCM codec is the exact same as WAV. It is 100% uncompressed with 100% quality....

Best Regards,
Bandicam

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”