ultraplebian

Weird distortion/FPS loss in fullscreen Media Player Classic

Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:59 am

I often take screenshots of movies im watching through my media player, MPC (found here https://mpc-hc.org) but recently I found taking a screenshot when it is in fullscreen causes this weird distortion in the picture. Here's an example http://puu.sh/k6Kt1/dd8fa1dbef.png

Sometimes it takes a normal working screenshot if its windowed but that is seemingly random. I also found if I start recording the video result is the same as in that screenshot but on top of the distortion it also significantly lowers the FPS as its demanding regardless of the quality settings this happens even if I lower it to the lowest possible setting and before this weird glitch started to happen I want to specify I could record at full 100 quality and full size with no FPS loss at all.

Again, my PC doesn't usually have problems recording, only now is it doing this.
This is a big deal to me because taking these screenshots is something I do all the time. I only tested recording to see if it did the same thing and it did.

As for game recording for some reason the recording is fine but the playback is never a full 60 FPS despite my setting and the recording game running well over 60. I know for a fact this was not an issue before. I've tried changing codecs and image formats but nothing helped. What could have caused this? Im considering switching software if I cant find a solution.

Dfactor

Re: Weird distortion/FPS loss in fullscreen Media Player Cla

Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:20 am

Likely your video drivers or MPC-HC configuration.
I'm using EVR custom presenter in MPC-HC and the fullscreen screenshots look fine.

Try reinstalling video drivers with clean config and/or K-Lite codec pack along with settings reset.

ultraplebian

Re: Weird distortion/FPS loss in fullscreen Media Player Cla

Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:03 pm

Likely your video drivers or MPC-HC configuration.
I'm using EVR custom presenter in MPC-HC and the fullscreen screenshots look fine.

Try reinstalling video drivers with clean config and/or K-Lite codec pack along with settings reset.

Thanks, I have no idea why but updated my driver solved it completely despite it working so long with the driver I already had. No idea why.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”