theenforcerr

Bandicam record in another format?

Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:34 am

So, what I'm using Bandicam for is to record gameplay footage of various games. I love it; it's much better then fraps; however, the main reason I want form Fraps to Bandicam was because I could not import the files that Fraps made into Sony Vegas.

Now, before you rush to the reply box, I am fully aware that I can use the moton JPEG codec... however if I use that, for a 20 second clip it takes up 1gb of space and lags in Sony Vegas due to the file size. Any other codec I try that produces a smaller file size does not work in Vegas. Converting is out of the question, as I have hundreds of clips at a time.

So, my question is, is there a way to record in another format besides .AVI? .MP4 is great in my opinion, or even .WMV. If there isn't a way now, are there plans to add this in?

Flaim

Re: Bandicam record in another format?

Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:29 am

that rather sounds like a codec-issue in sony vegas, not bandicam or fraps.
try reinstalling sony vegas first. if it shouldn't help try reinstalling the recording-software (fraps/bandicam).
just saying, because i don't have any problems with importing clips made by these two programs into vegas.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Bandicam record in another format?

Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:29 pm

Hello,

If you want to reduce the file size, just change the audio codec

1. Best codec settings for Sony Vegas
- Video: Motion JPEG codec
- Audio: PCM
=> This is the best codec setting for editing in Sony Vegas

2. Another codec settings for Sony Vegas
- Video: MPEG-1 (or Xvid)
- Audio: PCM
=> This option can reduce the file size, but it's not the perfect setting for editing in Sony Vegas

We are thinking on adding the mp4 codec.
But the problem is the codec price and codec optimization.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”