Nyvoren

NVENC HEVC samples

Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:26 pm

So with the latest version (2.4.0) they added HEVC encoding for NVENC and I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to record some samples ? I don't currently have a maxwell card, so I can't do this myself.

If you wish to participate, please :
1. Record samples with HEVC encoding
2. Upload the samples to a file hosting site, but do NOT re-encode them ! ( do not upload to Youtube please, it would ruin the quality )

Ideally the best comparison footage would be a game with some motion in it, but it doesn't have to be constantly moving.

Thanks

plasticsaint

Re: NVENC HEVC samples

Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:08 pm

HEVC cannot be uploaded to Youtube. They do not support HEVC/H265/X265-- it fails during conversion.

Also most editors don't seem to support HEVC yet.

Based on these two factors, I'm having a hard time seeing any reason to reocrd to HEVC-- you'll just have to re-encode it to H264/X264; converting from lossy format to lossy format is generally considered a bad thing.

Nyvoren

Re: NVENC HEVC samples

Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:12 am

I'm just curious as to the quality NVENC produces, but if its anything like the h.264 quality, it will require tons of bitrate to make it look descent ( low efficiency ).

As for youtube, it's only a matter of time before they add support for hevc. ( I'm sure their own competing codec vp9 has something to do with it. )

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”