theHubi

MP4 AAC Audio only 128 kbits

Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:27 pm

I'm using Sony Vegas Pro for Video editing and due to space concerns I'm currently using Bandicam instead of Fraps or Dxtory in order to not get 500+GB video files.
As MP4 is Sony Vegas' standard file format, I'm hesistant to switch to AVI even though I'd want to use PCM audio.

How come AAC only goes up to 128 kbit with MP4?
That's laughable. I normally don't go below 256 kbit, so how come 192 isn't even an option?
Is there any reason why 128 kbit is the max with AAC?

As I can see none, I'm considering switching back to AVI/PCM for the better quality.
Do you have some information regarding this topic?

Dfactor

Re: MP4 AAC Audio only 128 kbits

Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:11 am

But it should go up to 192.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:14 pm

Hello!

It might be a problem with your Windows.
(We use Media Foundation to support the AAC codec and the maximum bitrate of AAC in Bandicam is 192 kbps.)

You may try the "Save audio tracks while recording (.wav)" option with MP4.

Related FAQ
http://www.bandicam.com/support/tips/sony-vegas/

theHubi

Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:48 pm

I've played around a bit with the settings and... 192kbit appeared for whatever reason.
I don't know why it was disabled before, but apparently some audio drivers where malfunctioning or something.

Is there any way to increase audio quality without switching to AVI?
I'm going to do a few test recordings this weekend to see if switching to AVI will work in my case.
I know Lagarith is a good way to have high-quality video without Fraps' ridiculous filesizes, however
I might as well be using Dxtory in that case. Don't know of any usable audio codec that gives me 320 kbit quality except for PCM though.

And yes, I have read the Sony Vegas FAQ section. I always check FAQs before posting something.
So once again.. external audio codecs.. anything worthwhile?

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”