VicViper

Issue : One frame for every 6 seconds.

Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:46 am

Hello.

I bought Bandicam this year, I think it's a great product and I have encountered zero problems with it. That is until today when I tried to record some footage of Castlevania 64. I don't know if it's because of the recent Windows 10 update (my version of Bandicam is updated), but it's a huge issue.

My videos were smooth and faithfully represented what I was actually playing, but the videos I just made today act like slideshows (the footage is supposed to be 25 FPS like the game, but it's more like 0.2 FPS), the sound is normal though. I thought this was a codec thing, but after uploading a 7 seconds part of one video on Youtube, it didn't make a difference.

My settings didn't change after the update, I tried to record in AVI and a part of my screen for a change, but still no result.

Still I found out something : on Bandicam, when I record, it's supposed to gather bytes on the counter (next to the time counter), yet once again, with the 1st second it goes up by a lot, during then the next 4 seconds it goes up by 1 Kb or 2 at a time, and the 6th second is updated like the 1st one, and so on.

Any suggestions ? Maybe the AMD drivers that need an update ? (I didn't do the last update because I've heard it damages GPUs)

Dfactor

Re: Issue : One frame for every 6 seconds.

Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:51 am

Any suggestions ? Maybe the AMD drivers that need an update ? (I didn't do the last update because I've heard it damages GPUs)
A hotfix has been deployed over 2 weeks ago.
Try them out and see if it helps.

VicViper

Re: Issue : One frame for every 6 seconds.

Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:25 pm

Updating AMD drivers didn't do anything.

I still can record fine in H264 with the CPU and my usual settings, but not with the AMD APP, which will prove to be a problem whenever I'll try to record footage from much more demanding games.

Oh, ok, I just noticed one thing.

My settings on "key image range" ("intervalle images clé", I roughly translate) were set to 150. It seems replacing this number with something else gives different results, but it was also set to 150 before, and I never had any issue. I guess it was like that by default, but setting the number to anything but "1" makes the video choppy, as if it was dividing the framerate by said number.

Setting it to 1 makes the video look normal, but the big downside is that my files are much bigger than before with the same bitrate and all. I put a unusually high bitrate normally (30000), but before, I could still manage to have a 8 MB file with a 1:20 minute long video with this bitrate (when I was recording an SNES game), now I get to this number within 5 seconds (the same SNES game).

EDIT : Ok, putting 60 FPS somehow I don't have the problem with the key image range anymore, but why is it a litteral slideshow when I put 25 FPS (the actual speed of the game) ? My head's gonna explode.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”