BeKure

Game Freezes for 5-7 Seconds When Record Video is Depressed

Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:19 pm

My game a freezes for about 5-7 seconds whenever the screenshot button or the record video button is pressed. This is very frustrating to say the least, especially if you are in the middle of a boss battle for example. I have Badicam install on a separate HD from video games. I also have another HD that I use to capture on, which is also separate from the HD that Bandicam and the HD that my video games are installed on.
This problem alone is the reason why I have not purchased Bandicam yet. If anyone can help me figure out how to stop my game from freezing for 5-7 seconds when I record video or take a screenshot then I will purchase this software in a heartbeat.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(39.19 KiB) Downloaded 560 times

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Game Freezes for 5-7 Seconds When Record Video is Depres

Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:13 pm

Hello,

1. Do you use 'DirectX/OpenGL window' mode or 'Rectangle on a screen' capture mode of Bandicam?
- If you use 'DirectX/OpenGL window' mode, try 'Rectangle on a screen' capture mode
- If you use 'Rectangle on a screen' mode, try 'DirectX/OpenGL window' capture mode

2. Which game are you playing?
- Some games have an anti-hacking system, sometimes it blocked Bandicam recording.
- If you tell me your game name, we will test it.

3. Can you get the video/image files after freezing (for 5~7 seconds).

4. Can you record other games?

BeKure

Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:10 pm

Hello,

1. Do you use 'DirectX/OpenGL window' mode or 'Rectangle on a screen' capture mode of Bandicam?
- If you use 'DirectX/OpenGL window' mode, try 'Rectangle on a screen' capture mode
- If you use 'Rectangle on a screen' mode, try 'DirectX/OpenGL window' capture mode

2. Which game are you playing?
- Some games have an anti-hacking system, sometimes it blocked Bandicam recording.
- If you tell me your game name, we will test it.

3. Can you get the video/image files after freezing (for 5~7 seconds).

4. Can you record other games?
I use 'DirectX/OpenGL window' mode and yes I can record other games as well. I can also view the videos and screenshots that I take without a problem. Unfortunately the footage that I capture using Bandicam is motionless for the first 5-7 seconds during playback. I do hear sound though, but the footage is not in motion for at least 5-7 seconds at the begining of playback.
The 5-7 pause during capture happens with every game I play. A few examples are Rift, DC Universe Online and Star Wars the Old Republic to name a few.
I tried using 'Rectangle on a screen' mode as well but I didn't like the fact that the fps counter is non-exsistant while in that mode. Also I didn't like the fact that the Bandicam UI was captured in the footage as well.

BeKure

Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:18 am

Tried re-installing Bandicam and it still freezes for about 7 seconds whenever I take a screen shot or depress the record button to capture footage. This program is is not worth spending $40 on, I'm sorry. If you work out the bugs then I may consider recommending Bandicam to a friend or family member but as of now I can't. I think I'm going to go with PlayClaw because it doesn't freeze my game for 7 seconds when I want to record or take screenshots.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:32 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your detailed explanation.
The recorded video might be fine.
It might be a problem with the codec or media player.

Some solutions

1. Change the video codec from MPEG-1 to XVID or MJPEG (No. 3)
- Xvid codec is better than MJPEG codec to reduce the file size

2. If you still have the problem, try VLC media player.
VLC media player can minimize the codec problem
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

3. Uninstall a kind of codec pack like K-Lite Codec Pack

4. If you still have the problem, please send your video file
You may send the video file through the storage service below:
- Dropbox (2GB~): http://www.dropbox.com/
- The free account can upload up to 2GB or higher. (Files uploaded to Dropbox via the desktop application have no file size limit.)

I hope you can solve the problem.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”