PXAbstraction

Can't Select HDMI Audio Input Device

Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:38 am

Hey all! So I recently decided to replace my crappy AVerMedia ExtremeCap U3 HDMI capture device with a StarTech PEXHDCAP60L (which is a rebadged Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, considered the gold standard for HDMI PC capture.) I can get Bandicam's new HDMI capture feature to connect to the device for video but not audio. This was a problem in OBS and XSplit as well and as it turns out, the problem is that the driver doesn't automatically select an audio input source automatically. In both XSplit and OBS, I had to manually go in and assign the device's audio capture driver to the source and then it was fine. The problem is, Bandicam doesn't seem to permit me to do that. When I go to the Device Selection dialogue, there is an Audio Input option but it's greyed out. I can select the card as a video source but can't add its audio capture.

Can you guys assist with this? I'm not sure if there's somewhere else I can specify this device to Bandicam or if this is a limitation that could perhaps be fixed in an update. Thanks so much!

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Can't Select HDMI Audio Input Device

Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:25 pm

Hi,

Please click the 'Settings' button on the right of "Video Input":

Can you select the Audio Input on the "Properties" window of "Video Input"?

PXAbstraction

Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:29 pm

Nope. This is how the window looks:

The options to select an audio device are greyed out. It does work in XSplit and OBS though. In the options for the device, it is set for Embedded Audio which captures the audio data off HDMI.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:08 pm

Could you please attach the screenshot of your OBS settings?

PXAbstraction

Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:16 pm

Sure thing. Here you go:

I have to set a similar setting in XSplit. The weird thing about this card is that it requires the audio device to be specified manually. When the device is first added to either XSplit or OBS, sound will be mute until the audio component is selected. This actually confused me for a couple of hours after installing it and I had to consult some other owners to figure that out. In the case of the AVerMedia ExtremeCap U3 I'm replacing with this, no such selection was necessary. It just output audio out of the box and it also worked fine with Bandicam. This is a more "professional grade" card so that's likely why configuration is a bit more complicated.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:03 pm

Thank you for the screenshot.

You will be able to select the HDMI Audio Input Device from the 'Record Settings' window.

PXAbstraction

Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:22 am

Hi again. Unfortunately, the device does not show up in that screen. It's not listed as a formal Recording Device in Windows. This is what threw me off when I was setting up XSplit and OBS. It's not a standard sound driver but I believe a DirectShow filter and that's why it has to be selected differently in those applications. My AVerMedia ExtremeCap U3 worked the same way, the device was just always enabled by default.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:58 pm

Go to the 'Recording' tab of Windows, and enable the audio device.

PXAbstraction

Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:17 am

As I said, this appears to be a DirectShow audio device, not a traditional Windows recording device. I have that same Sound window set to show Disabled and Disconnected devices and the audio input driver for this card does not show up there. However, neither does the AVerMedia ExtremeCap U3, which works fine in Bandicam and other applications without special setup. I also use VoiceMeeter to manage my mic stuff and I checked there too and the recording device for this card doesn't show up there either. It's not a "traditional" recording device.

PXAbstraction

Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:25 am

Any other potential ideas as to what could cause this? I'd really like to use Bandicam to capture from this device as I like the customisation and quality it offers. I'm happy to help narrow this down with you in any way that I can. Is there any way to select a DirectShow audio device for recording, like in XSplit or OBS?

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”