Neurario

[Q] Best Solution for using second audio stream in Premiere?

Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:06 am

Hi,

I currently love to use Bandicam with the "sound mixing" disabled as I am able to fix up my mic audio independently of the game. However, I have to use a workaround to be able to use the second "mic" stream in Premiere Pro.

I know why this is the case: The QuickTime engine that Premiere uses doesn't seem to support more than one stream (in AVI files, at least). As redditor agent42b explains:
VLC player sees your secondary audio stream. However, the quicktime engine does NOT. Since most video editing programs rely on the quicktime engine in some capacity, this makes sense why Premiere Pro, and also Avid (I tried) cannot see this track.
Opening the file in quicktime and looking at the track properties also reveals that the secondary track is not listed.
I deal with multi-track video files all the time, and I haven't come across this before. I think, at the very least, this multi-track file is not being encoded to the standard spec that quicktime is used to. Unfortunately I don't have any fix for now... strange indeed.
My current solution for getting around this is using the free tool Virtualdub.org to export the second audio stream to its own file, and then importing the AVI and the new WAV into the Premiere workflow.

So I am wondering if somebody has an easier solution for managing this stuff?

Thanks!
Neu :)

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”