323starlight

Record two screens at once?

Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:52 am

I've been split one whether to get bandicam or dxtory. It breaks me in twojuat trying to descide which one to get. Ok enough with the puns. The only factor I'm looking for is the feature that allows recording two screens at once.

Say I want to record 3DS gameplay, and I want to arrange the screens in a way different from standard top screen bottomscreen format. If you've seen Chuggaaconroy 's playthroughs, you'll know what I mean. What I want is to be able to record both top and bottom screens at once and have them saved as separate video files.

Is bandicam capble of doing this? Is Dxtory? Or should I look someplace else?

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Record two screens at once?

Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:46 am

Hello!

Please go to "C:\Program Files (x86)", and copy&paste the "Bandicam" folder.

This tip will allow you to run more than 2 Bandicam instances.
- You can use more than 2 Screen recording windows for screen recording.
- However, you can only use one Bandicam instance for game recording.

clemenzina

Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:47 pm

This tip will allow you to run more than 2 Bandicam instances.
- You can use more than 2 Screen recording windows for screen recording.
Bandicam 3.0.2.1014.

I would be very excited about this if only I could understand how to take advantage of it. Presently I have to record two webcams in one recording window and then crop them into separate videos, it would save me a lot of time if I could record them separately.

- How do I run the second copy of Bandicam? I made a shortcut on my desktop of the exe file from the "Bandicam - Copy" folder, but that fails to initialise.

- I can't understand why you have included the gif. It appears to indicate drawing and adding shapes within the existing recording area, rather than recording a different area of the screen with the second copy of Bandicam.

I cannot find a tutorial on this, so I wonder if you could provide step-by-step instructions? I'd be very grateful :)

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:31 pm

1. Go to "C:\Program Files (x86)", and copy&paste the "Bandicam" folder.

2. Run "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bandicam\bdcam.exe"

3. Run "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bandicam - Copy\bdcam.exe"

4. Click the "OK" button when you see the " Application failed to initialize." error message.
(Just ignore the error message.)

5. Now, you can run 2 Bandicam instances.
- It will allow you to use 2 rectangle windows.
- It will also allow you to record the webcam and computer screen separately.
- It will also allow you to use one 'Game Recording Mode' and one 'Screen Recording Mode'.
- However, it won't allow you to use 2 'Game Recording Mode' or 2 'Device Recording Mode'.

clemenzina

Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:10 am

Unfortunately I cannot get a second instance of Bandicam to open. After getting past the "failed to initialise", the Bandicam icon appears... and that's all.

This shows the first Bandicam open (not in use), and the second Bandicam is showing up as an icon:

This shows what happens when I left-click on the Bandicam icon to try to drag it out of the way:

Most times, the second Bandicam does not show up in Task Manager, refreshing the screen gets rid of the white rectangle:

I tried using the exe file directly from the Program Files "Copy" folder, instead of a desktop shortcut - same result, except that Windows did report it "Not responding" and I was able to click Close the Program in the Windows report box.

In case I forgot to say, I'm using Windows7 64-bit.

I believe that this is the latest version of Bandicam and I am having another problem with it (recordings difficult to navigate in editor, but that's not a problem for this thread), but I've tried it on another laptop (also Win7 64-bit) running an older version of Bandicam, with exactly the same result.

The second copy will not run. Have you any inspired thoughts? It would be so wonderful to have two recording rectangles. I am only interested in screen-capturing.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:56 pm

Hello!

Thank you for the screenshot.
However, we have no idea why you can't use more than 2 Bandicam instances.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”