Mitovo

FPS Shows, but nothing is recorded.

Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:04 pm

Hello,

So, I'm looking for a game recording program that I can use to reliably capture game footage for use on YT.

I've known of Bandicam for a while, so I decided to try it. As a little bit of background, I've tried about 5 other programs before this, for the same game, and had problems with them as well, so it's not just Bandicam.

Basically, I'm trying to record 'Beyond Good and Evil", for a let's-play style video series.

When I run the game, the FPS shows up (although only after I go to the task-manager and back into the game, oddly enough - Bandi doesn't recognize the game when it first opens). However, nothing records. Pressing the hotkey does not start, I dont' see the FPS turn red, etc.

I've also tried the screen recorder, and that does not record anything, either. Other programs have either recorded black screen, or continued recording the desktop, even while the game was running. Bandi just doesn't record anything, so it's not even starting.

Not sure what's going on, what I'm doing wrong, or what's interfering. So, I was hoping maybe I could get some direction/help by posting here.

I'm on Windows 7 Home Prem. 64-Bit, using a NVidia GeForce 970, if that might be relevant.

Thanks!

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: FPS Shows, but nothing is recorded.

Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:31 pm

Hello!

We could reproduce the problem one time.
However, we can't reproduce it any more.

1. What is your Bandicam version?

2. Please uninstall Bandicam, and download the latest version of Bandicam from https://www.bandicam.com/downloads/ and choose the "XVID or H264(CPU)" video codec and try it again.

MsStandart

Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:09 am

I have the same problem. Game starts, FPS counter shows up but nothing happens when I want to start the recording.

Specs: Win 7 64bit Home Prem, Nvidia 1060 GTX, Bandicam 4.2.0.1439

Edit: Speaking of the same game (steam version) as above of course... I noticed that I can start the recording when I tap out to the Steam overlay but this is not a solution for me :/

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:04 pm

Hello,

Does the FPS counter turn red?
Are you able to take a screenshot of the game screen?
Do you have the same issue when you use other codecs such as H264(CPU)?

We look forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”