Zuzu_Typ

Suggestions on debug, recording and templates

Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:28 pm

Dear Bandisoft team,

when I saw a recent post by Ryu it got me thinking and I had some ideas...

Most of the following suggestions probably went through your minds already.

1. Having some kind of test recording or debug recording, like the sound test service in Skype.
Or maybe even a way to auto adjust the settings (based on the recording).
I'll crack this a little bit more open so you understand what I got in mind,
this can outer in different ways, these are some of them:

a. So you first tell the user to get the game running and press a predefined button when he arrives at real gameplay (For example in Minecraft it would be, when you are on a singleplayer world or something, but not in the menu).
When the button is pressed, there should be something like a short session of recordings with different codecs to measure which setting has the best quality while e.g. staying under a limited amount of memory space per minute and having more than a predefined count of FPS.

b. Similar to version a, it could just measure how much disk space the average recording takes and how many FPS it will have.

c. It would be easier / less arduous for the user if there was something like a database, of which settings most people with a specific hardware assignment have (maybe even for a specific game [see suggestion 2]).

d. The thing I originally had in mind was just a plain voice-testrecording to see if everything is working alright, but then I thought, what if it recorded mono, even though stereo was selected and so I thought maybe it could ask me to switch from stereo to mono or check my micro-cord. That thought altered to the upper ideas.

2. Having game- / process- specific settings.
It would be nice if you were given the option to have a different setting for screen recording than for recording need for speed. (I know there already is a template-function, but some big button labeled "Save current settings for hl2.exe" would be cool too ;) )
So in other words, the settings would be selected automatically, if the user wants it to.

3. Recording a game on it's startup.
Especially with games it is hard to record something like an automatically played intro without using the screen recording method, so it would be easier if there was a way to do an automated recording.

Edit ---
Oh and there's another thing I forgot to mention:

4. Recording Audio
I sometimes use Bandicam to record just plain audio, even though I have more advanced audio recording software, like Audacity on my PC, so I thought I might not be the only one out there.
So I'd like to suggest a way to record audio, but not video.

Thank you for reading and also take a second, sceptical look at these before you consider implementing.

Have a nice day and

best regards,
--Zuzu_Typ--

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”