Paulliee

MP4 Corrupt

Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:33 pm

I was recording a game when it crashed and i had to finish the recording by clicking the stop icon now the file is corrupt and can't be opened in anything at all even though the whole footage is there still

Bandi fix dont work as it is a MP4 file and i cant convert the file either also sony vegas says its a unknown file type

I seriously can't be bothered rerecording it as it will ruin my lets play

I attempted to open it in bandicut even and it says it has no video or audio codec

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: MP4 Corrupt

Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:27 pm

Hello!

Can you play the broke .mp4 file through VLC or POT media player?

If BandiFix failed to fix/repair/recover the corrupted AVI file, play the broken video file through VLC media player.

If you can play the broken AVI file with VLC media player, please re-record the video file (while it is playing) through Bandicam.

alexwaston

Re: Repair Corrupted MP4 Video

Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:23 pm

Well, if your MP4 video has got corrupted due to any reason then do not worry, using some manuals, you can try to repair corrupted MP4 videos and then you will be easily able to play MP4 videos.
You can try to repair your corrupted or damaged MP4 video using VLC media Player:
• First of all, you have to launch VLC Media Player and the go to the Medias option and then Convert or Save.
• Now, click on add input files/folders or streams that need to be transcoded, and after that press Convert or Save
• Now, in Convert/save window that appears on the screen that displays the file name for destination file and then select the desired input Codec from the profile list.
• Next, you have to Press “Edit Selected Profile” to edit a particular profile setting and then select to add a new profile or delete the existing profile and then finally, press Start.
This solution will definitely help you repair corrupted MP4 videos and then you will be easily able to play your MP4 videos without any interruption. All the best.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”