TeryonTheHuman

Webcam overlays STILL freezing on windows 10

Tue May 24, 2016 1:08 pm

I've posted about this once already before but now it's just gotten to the point where i'm extremely frustrated with the whole ordeal.

The webcam overlays are absolutely broken in their current state. They continue to freeze while recording whether i turn webcam previews on or off, no matter what codec i use i've used every single one. I dont know if you guys just never optimized this thing for windows 10 yet or what but webcam overlays freeze in the middle of recording at random times. Sometimes they work fine and other times at random they just freeze leaving a still image and because there's no way to separate the webcam overlays from the rest of the footage with this program, once the webcam freezes the footage is lost because of an awkward unremovable frozen webcam overlay over the video. almost an entire hour of footage i just recorded is wasted and i can't go back and rerecord the level which means i have to stop the entire walkthrough now. I've tried buying new webcams, i've tried changing the codecs, i've tried rolling back to previous updates. absolutely everything. This doesnt happen with other recording softwares like the elgato hd for console capture.

There is something going on with your software

Bandicam used be something i felt was dependable and fast. Now i'm so frustrated i'm considering just going for fraps just for the simplicity and convience and it's really upsetting because i was extremely loyal to this software for pc games

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Webcam overlays STILL freezing on windows 10

Tue May 24, 2016 3:51 pm

Hello!

1. Did you plug your webcam device into a USB 3.0 slot?
Please plug your webcam into a USB 3.0 slot and try it again.

2. You may Bandicam 3.1.0 which will be released in a week and allow you to export the webcam video separately.

TeryonTheHuman

Tue May 24, 2016 11:40 pm

yes the webcam is plugged in a usb 3.0 slot because it's the only way it can function without lagging. There's something else that's the problem. Hopefully the new version can fix it, but as of right now it's still freezing and causing issues.

GPUabuse

Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:58 am

Did you ever solve this issue? sorry to revive old posts but I'm also having this issue.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:11 pm

Hello GPUabuse,

Could you please refer to the resolution on https://forum.bandicam.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6823 and change the file format and resolution on the Recording settings window?
Please note that you need to change the format settings not on the Format settings window but on the Recording settings window.

Thank you.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”