g0dlike

Please provide a View option to Bandizip

Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:16 am

Hello !
First of all, thank you for Bandizip, excellent archiver.
I have only one grip with it (using 2.0 beta here), the absence of a "View" option similiar to the one in WinRar.

Ok, I know there is a "View" button, but the "View" button is really a "Columns" button function-wise.

What I want is a View button/[context] option to View the contents of the file selected. That would be useful for seeing the contents of files like "README" and basically files without extension, not openable via double-click.

Thanks, and hope you're gonna implement this, as I really miss this feature!

------

I suggest renaming the "View" button to "Columns" and also provide a "real" view button. Thanks! ;)

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Please provide a View option to Bandizip

Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:35 am

Hello,

Thank you for suggesting.

Your idea is quite reasonable.

1. We will rename the "View" button to "Columns"

2. We will consider adding the "View" button of WinRAR

g0dlike

Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:40 am

Very much thanks, I saw you already renamed "View" button to "Columns" in 2.01, so now I wait for the "View" button (or context option). :)

Two more suggestions:
- I'd love Bandizip to support background archiving (useful for large chunks of data), and to display the progress via an icon in system tray (like WinRar does). Currently, WinRAR has a vertical progress-bar like animation in system tray. The progress vertical line fills from bottom to top as progress is made. I think you know what I am talking about.
- the Codepage is set by default to "Default", but I have no idea what "Default" means. Is it UTF-8? Eventually, you should rename the "Default" label to "Default (UTF-8)" or "Default (ANSI)", you know best.

Thanks once again.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:19 pm

Hello!
WinRAR has a vertical progress-bar like animation in system tray. The progress vertical line fills from bottom to top as progress is made.
=> We have no idea about the vertical line. Could you attach the screenshot of the progress vertical line?
the Codepage is set by default to "Default", but I have no idea what "Default" means. Is it UTF-8? Eventually, you should rename the "Default" label to "Default (UTF-8)" or "Default (ANSI)", you know best.
=> The "Default" means "System Default"
=> If you use English Windows, the code page will be "English / Default (ANSI)"
=> If you use Japanese Windows, the code page will be "Japanese"

g0dlike

Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:12 am

We have no idea about the vertical line. Could you attach the screenshot of the progress vertical line?
Sure, see the attached image. The system tray icon appears after pressing "Background" button. It goes up (see bottom image) as the compressing/decompressing progresses.
Attachments
screen.jpg
WinRAR icon in system tray after pressing "Background" button
screen.jpg (23.06 KiB) Viewed 8305 times

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:58 pm

Hello!

Thank you for posting the screenshot.

We will add this function in our TO DO LIST
However, we cannot guarantee this function will be added in Bandizip. :D