lofty667

Can't fix sound delay

Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:46 am

I recorded Forza 6 Apex with Bandicam because FRAPS won't pick up on it. I can watch the video on VLC and it is fine, but as soon as I import it into Adobe Premiere Pro CS6, the sound delays in a variety of ways (ahead of time, behind time, and rarely on time). The only fix I've found by Googling is to convert the video. For this I used HandBrake because you can select constant or variable framerate. So I converted the video with constant framerate, import it and it's the same thing, if not worse. So is there a fix to this? "most advanced Game Recording Software and Windows Screen Recorder on the planet." my ass. I have never had this problem with FRAPS if that helps anything. Thanks.

Zuzu_Typ

Re: Can't fix sound delay

Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:42 am

Hello lofty667,

the audio delay is a common issue when you do not record with the PCM audio codec.

What you found out on Google therefore is correct, because the issue is actually that Adobe Premiere doesn't work very well with some codecs and the audio probably would have to be converted.

What I would recommend you though, is to extract the audio from the video using a convertor of your likes (if you don't know one, I would recommend Format Factory) and add it to the video afterwards.

Since I do not own any products by Adobe, I cannot try this out myself to confirm it works.

Before you record the next time, please read the faq about which codecs and settings to use.

Changing codecs is something you couldn't do with Fraps and is one of the strongest reasons why I prefer Bandicam.

But anyway, I wish you luck and best regards,
--Zuzu_Typ--

lofty667

Re: Can't fix sound delay

Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:06 am

Thanks for the information. I will try Format Factory to see if it works! :)

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”