thegamevid

NVENC FPS Loss

Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:40 pm

Hello, yesterday I bough a Bandicam license and I downloaded the program (I haven't activated the key yet).
There is one huge problem. I heard that bandicam is really good with the audio and it is able to record the audio tracks in separate file and that is great. However when I try to record gameplay with it (nevermind if it is Minecraft, Battlefiled 3 or GTA 5) there is a loss in my frames while I play. It is really weird, becouse NVENC is a hardware encoder and I should be able to record with almost not affecting my in game fps. I tried using the CPU version of h264 and I'm not losing almost any frames while I play, but after I play the video it is laggy (it feels like some frames are not recorded). What makes it even weirder is that when I use for an examble OBS Studio and I use the hardware encoder (NVENC) there is no FPS loss while I play. I will be happy if you can help me wiht my issue. I hope you wont just send me the link to the "how_to_reduce_lag_when_recording" page in the F.A.Q. section, but actually help me to resolve my issue. Otherwise I may request a refund (I haven't activated the key yet)
My PC specs are: CPU - Intel Core i7-3770 3.40GHz
GPU - Gigabyte GTX 960 G1 Gaming 2GB GDDR5
Motherboard - Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H
RAM - 1x 8GB Silicon Power DDR3 1600MHz
HDD - 1x 2TB Seagate Hibrid SSHD Drive
PSU - NZXT HALE82 550W
There is no bottleneck in my system. If you need more information about my issue be free to ask me. :)
Have a nice day!

Zuzu_Typ

Re: NVENC FPS Loss

Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:30 pm

Hello thegamevid,

I would recommend you to try out some different settings.
Please see https://www.bandicam.com/support/tips/best-codec/ for more info.

I would recommend MPEG-1, which always did a good job for me.

I personally never use NVENC, because it seems to be lacking performence and quality compared to it's predecessor CUDA, which is no longer supported.

Just play around a bit with the settings in Bandicam and hopefully you will get a configuration that doesn't cause such a loss.

Hope I was able to help you,
--Zuzu_Typ--

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”