Nelsonngyn0

Playback Stuttering

Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:56 pm

Hey there fellow Bandicam users,

I've looked on the forums, but for some reason I couldn't find a solution for this problem for the current version.

I've recently used this program a bit more often than I did in the past and just attempted to record League of Legends games. But for some reason all the videos I play back are stuttering.

The settings I've had League on are to wait for VSync, so it sits around 60FPS due to that.

I've tried switching from the H.264 codec provided by Nvidia (although I'm very aware I shouldn't be compressing my video first) to the Mpeg-1 for Bandicam and even the Lagarith Lossless Codec.
I have also tried changing the framerate at which Bandicam is recording the footage from 30 to 60, but yet all the videos I've recorded of the game seem to be stuttering very noticeably.
In game my framerate seems fine, so I'm not sure if it's because playing the game and recording is a bit too much of a load on my CPU or GPU.

An explanation or solution would be greatly appreciated. If my specs are needed I can definitely provide them,

Zuzu_Typ

Re: Playback Stuttering

Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:20 pm

Hello Nelsonngyn0,

maybe it's the video player, are you using anything other than Windows Media Player (like VLC or GOM)?

If so, that is not the cause.

If you are viewing your recorded video using a video editor, like Adobe Premiere or Sony Vegas, you might want to try the Motion JPEG and the PCM codec, which are the best for editing purposes.

If that doesn't help, please try dis/enabling to "Skip recording while frame is not updated" and "Use enhanced capture method" (in case these are available for you in the video settings under the options tab).

If this still doesn't help, you could try to enable cache writing in the output tab.
This feature helps if the disk is too slow.

If you've still got problems, I'll leave this up to Bandisoft.

I hope I was able to help you,
--Zuzu_Typ--

Nelsonngyn0

Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:06 am

Hello Zuzu_Typ and thank you for your reply.

I've been using VLC since I discovered it years ago and it is my favourite player it is the one I watched the recording with.

I have not tried viewing the videos in a video editor yet, so I might try that when I can.

I have definitely turned off "Skip recording while frame is not updated", because I've experienced audio sync issues with it enabled.

I will definitely play around with the settings you suggested and will report back if there has been any change with the issue.

You have been great help, thanks again for your reply,

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:56 pm

If I may pop in with one additional idea, I ran into this in the past - and I realize this is just a 'shot in the dark', but I wonder if it might help you...

At the time the similar thing happened to me, I was recording gameplay and everything seemed to be working ok. But, when I watched the videos, they played back 'choppy', which was odd, since I didn't lose 'that much' gameplay smoothness (fps) when I was recording... I looked into it further and during testing found out that the data, being played back, was a little too much for my system at the time (again, odd since I recorded it without any problems).

I found this out by 'working' the recordings; opening them in a video editor and doing what I wanted with them, then Rendering them out to a different format [in my case, I was recording in x264 and Rendering out to WMV at the time (even though I got better performance with MJPEG and MPEG-1)].

What happened was, is that the Rendered video output played back nice and smooth, when the original Recording did not... I assumed at the time, it was due to my Rendering into a 'simpler' format, with a lower bitrate, so that it was not as much of a strain on the system, to play back (as opposed to the Recording, which was more complicated and a higher bitrate).

So, just as a test, you can try to Render a small video (or portion of one) into a smaller Bitrate, smaller Resolution (for example, if you record in 1920x1080, Render it out to 1280x720 - and whatever Bitrate you record at (or Quality), cut it in Half, just for now, for this test) using either a video editor or Bandicut - and see if THAT plays back for you without stutter - if it plays back without any stutter at all, then you know at least that the video recording itself (the file sitting on your drive that you made) is "OK".

Just an idea for a test that may help, is all :geek: I hope it all works for you soon!

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”