Stryka55

Windows 10 Not Recording Game Sound

Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:39 am

Just got a new computer and Bandicam is saying its failing to get sound. I've done the support options and no solution. Here are my computer specs. Thanks!

Intel Core i7-6700k 4.0Ghz
Asus Maximus VIII Ranger z170
MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Graphics Card
DDR4 16GB 3200Mhz
250GB Samsung 850 Solid State
1TB HDD

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Windows 10 Not Recording Game Sound

Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:11 pm

Hello!

What is the error message?
Is it "Failed to start audio capture"?

We just have the following solutions for this issue.
https://www.bandicam.com/faqs/failed-to ... o-capture/

Zuzu_Typ

Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:01 pm

Hello Stryka55,

if it is, how Bandisoft said, that Bandicam shows "failed to start audio capture" and it happens since you switched your system, it could be that something is in the way of Bandicam.

What do I mean by that, well... in my case it was Nahimic, that created the same problem. Nahimic is a sound optimizer for MSI motherboards.

I looked up your motherboard and it turns out it allows you to use "SONIC STUDIO II".

If you are using that, please close it while recording (or end the task if it doesn't let you).

If not, please try closing some of the other gaming utilities you will probably have.

Maybe it helps. ;)

I hope I was able to help you,
--Zuzu_Typ--

Stryka55

Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:14 am

Hello Stryka55,

if it is, how Bandisoft said, that Bandicam shows "failed to start audio capture" and it happens since you switched your system, it could be that something is in the way of Bandicam.

What do I mean by that, well... in my case it was Nahimic, that created the same problem. Nahimic is a sound optimizer for MSI motherboards.

I looked up your motherboard and it turns out it allows you to use "SONIC STUDIO II".

If you are using that, please close it while recording (or end the task if it doesn't let you).

If not, please try closing some of the other gaming utilities you will probably have.

Maybe it helps. ;)

I hope I was able to help you,
--Zuzu_Typ--

OMG THANK YOU!!!! I closed the program and it worked!!!! Do you work for Bandi because you were much more helpful then the reply from them lol..they should pay you

Zuzu_Typ

Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:48 am

Thanks for the compliment.

Actually I do kind of work for Bandisoft, as a German translator, but not even for all of their products and websites.
While they don't actually pay me with money (they did give me something though), I enjoy my time on the forum very much, so that I check by regularly to check if people need support that I can offer.

Usually Bandisoft show their more advanced level of knowledge and exprerience on their software, as well as better explanations and visualization.

But in this case they just didn't know about this issue, since I seem to be the first to have encountered it and never told them about it, they couldn't offer you the fix I found.

Have a very nice time and enjoy your software,
--Zuzu_Typ--

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:39 pm

Dear Stryka55 and Zuzu_Typ,

1. Could you please let us know the URL of your graphics card?
(We need the information to purchase exactly the same motherboard.)

2. Do you have the problem when you use the 'Screen Recording Mode' of Bandicam (https://www.bandicam.com/how-to/screen-recorder/)?

3. Could you please let us know the name of the games with which you're having this issue?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Zuzu_Typ

Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:46 pm

Hi,

Just to clarify, the problem is that some audio tuning software doesn't work well with Bandicam.

The issue occours independent of the recording mode or target.

Usually the software comes on a driver CD with the mainboard.

In my case the software was Nahimic, for the MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3X.
The CD comes with a rather old version of Nahimic on it, but you can download the newest version (as well as th latest drivers) in the service section of the motherboard's site.

For Stryka55 it is the software Sonic Studio II for the Asus Maximus VIII Ranger z170.
I don't know much about Asus, but I guess you can download the latest version somehow too.

Additional system specifications:
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K
GPU: MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4-2666 CL15

Have a nice day and best regards,
--Zuzu_Typ--

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:51 pm

Hello,

If you use audio tuning programs (Sonic Studio (ASUS Strix), Nahimic (Dell Alienware, MSI, EVGA)), uncheck the "Enable audio enhancements" option.
You will not see the "Failed to start audio capture" error message.

Thank you!

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”